LEH at 4.27...!!

This is the end…my only friend the end… is LEH preparing to the same end of BStern?

Nah. Didn’t shareholders for BSC get $10?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nah. Didn’t shareholders for BSC get $10? Yes fair enough…but what is left of the powerful “Bear Sterns”? not even the name! And to me…this is just a shame.

LEH to public and short sellers, “You fools, we have the FED to bank roll us–nyah nyah, na nyah nyah.” LEH going the FRE/ FNM way?

Better not or I’ll be really pi$$ed. I’ve had just about enough of gov’t bailouts for 1 year.

maybe one of you could explain how the puts below work. They expire 4 pm on fri. So I get that 2.5 is the strike price but I don’t get what “last” means. It can’t be the premium right? How do I know how much it’s going to cost me? Not trying to buy anything but everyone at work is talking about LEH so I got curious. Strike Symbol Last Chg Bid Ask Vol Open Int 2.50 LYHUZ.X 0.17 0.00 N/A N/A 22,210 31,864 5.00 LYHUA.X 0.66 0.00 N/A N/A 28,933 47,299

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/11/news/companies/lehman/index.htm?postversion=2008091110 Just an article on the morning’s action. Two analysts downgraded LEH from buy to neutral. Again, ratings aren’t my thing, but why do analysts at the big banks get paid so much to tell the market what it already knows?

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/11/news/companies/leh > man/index.htm?postversion=2008091110 > > Just an article on the morning’s action. Two > analysts downgraded LEH from buy to neutral. > Again, ratings aren’t my thing, but why do > analysts at the big banks get paid so much to tell > the market what it already knows? Because they need to repay the loan they made for the expensive MBA

What is the point of having $40 billion of liquidity (as claimed by the management) if essentially your entire equity is getting wiped out–no one wants to do business with LEH. If a 28 year old guy with nine months of wall street experience can understand this, why does’nt this so called legend and his team understand? Am telling you Joey, since Mr. Fuld is hell bent on keeping LEH independent, the only option he has is the FED. Someone please explain to me. Am I really that naive to think this way? BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD MBO DAYS

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am telling you Joey, since Mr. Fuld is hell bent > on keeping LEH independent, the only option he has > is the FED. > I probably agree with that. I have no interest at all in whether LEH is independent or broken up and sold in bits. I don’t care at all. I don’t believe nearly enough in contagion theories to want the Fed to print money to bail-out LEH. The GSE’s probably should have been bailed out. The Fed should just stay away from LEH’s problems.

Could you ask Mrs Joey at what stage of the Kubler Ross grief model Dick Fuld is?

bargaining

Are you sure? That restructuring plan looks the work of an angry man. It looks like a F*** you to everyone: “We don’t need no goddamn capital, I’ll show you how stoopid you are I’lldonothingandyoullseeitllcomegoodyoubastardsaaargghh!!!” *Thud*

Now am hearing rumours that GS is buying LEH with the FED brokering the deal.

So they’re going to get $3bn for CrapCo? The whole business is barely worth that now.

Entire LEH going for $3billion? Dude, it would be one of the greatest bargains in history. Nueberger Bergman, LEH’s diamond mine in asset management, is worth $8-$9 billion on a stand alone basis.

Why not wait and buy it from the liquidators?

Yep right you forget the liability part…

If you put a teaspoon of tobasco sauce in cake batter, it ruins the entire cake. It doesn’t matter how good the flour or sugar is. Of course, you can spinoff the good flour and sugar. Oh wait, no you can’t.

I heard the GS rumor also…could go down this weekend