LEH files for Bankruptcy

25,000 employees fu**ed

Tough break mate.

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. (LEH) will file for bankruptcy protection, The New York Times reports on its Web site Sunday evening, citing “people briefed on the matter.” According to the Times, Lehman’s subsidiaries will remain solvent, while the parent company will be put into bankruptcy protection. A group of banks will provide a financial backstop as Lehman winds down, and the Federal Reserve will accept lower-quality assets in return for government loans, the Times reported. Full story at http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/15/business/15lehman.html?hp

we called it !!!

Congratulations dickwad. You must be very proud.

CNBC retracted their headline by saying “likely” to file. NY times is gossip as usual. Unless WSJ and FT report, nothing is certain.

I was short 5K shares @ 10 last week…Yippeee!!!

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CNBC retracted their headline by saying “likely” > to file. > > NY times is gossip as usual. > > Unless WSJ and FT report, nothing is certain. CNBC has CONFIRMED press reports that Lehman Brothers is likely to file for bankruptcy protection…

Sad

is it official? http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aJ9MIfH0pHVE&refer=us

JESUS IS COMING BACK!!! ARMAGEDDON IS HERE!!!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sid3699 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CNBC retracted their headline by saying > “likely” > > to file. > > > > NY times is gossip as usual. > > > > Unless WSJ and FT report, nothing is certain. > > > CNBC has CONFIRMED press reports that Lehman > Brothers is likely to file for bankruptcy > protection… Their confimred report is based on NY times, which is full of gossip. It looks likely that they will file, but unless WSJ or FT reports it is not certain.

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sid3699 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > CNBC retracted their headline by saying > > “likely” > > > to file. > > > > > > NY times is gossip as usual. > > > > > > Unless WSJ and FT report, nothing is certain. > > > > > > CNBC has CONFIRMED press reports that Lehman > > Brothers is likely to file for bankruptcy > > protection… > > > Their confimred report is based on NY times, which > is full of gossip. > > It looks likely that they will file, but unless > WSJ or FT reports it is not certain. That’s right folks - NYT: “Full of Gossip”. Rupert Murdoch’s WSJ (which on Friday reported as news 2 conversations on which the reporter evesdropped outside the LEH HQ): Authoritative.

From NYT: Other hedge fund managers recognize the dangers and the harm that is befalling bank employees who have been paid in their companies’ stocks. “My children, their playmates’ fathers work at Lehman,” said one manager who is short Lehman and asked to remain anonymous, citing the fragility of the situation. “Obviously I had nothing to do with what happened, and the idea that I profited, and they got clobbered, and I’ve got to see them on Monday is awkward. I feel badly for them.”

I really feel sorry for all the people that work at LEH, MER, and BOFA. Thousands of people are going to get laid off. This despite the tens of thousands of people who were already let go the past year and a half. I wish all you guys the best of luck getting through this.

Bear, Lehman, Merrill… 2008 is a sad year

Why is MER getting a 70% premium?