Lehman Dead - Pimp Alive

With Lehman Brothers having gone bankrupt, the Pimpster has had a pretty sh!tty week. I would say it has easily been the worst week in my 8-year professional career, all of which was spent with Lehman. While I am looking forward to being part of the Barclays organization given its size, stability and global reach, I still hate the feeling of being in limbo. I’m sure the coming months will be better. I guess it can’t get any worse than this. I could have been unemployed in a terrible job market. I think that being part of the Barclays organization can also help me gain an internal transfer to Asia, which is what I was planning to do with Lehman before they went under. I have lost a modest sum of equity in the process, but given that all of it was restricted, there’s nothing I could have done to avoid a loss. Pimpster is alive and well. I will be fine. Good luck to the rest of you all as well.

man I just read the email and sorry to say. I am not under the Barclays plan with ya. Good luck

Pimp - Best wishes, whatever can’t kill you will leave you stronger. Did you finally get the engagement ring?

Yup, got the ring. Settled for a Round 2ct VS1 G. Wedding on Feb 1. JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pimp - Best wishes, whatever can’t kill you will > leave you stronger. > > Did you finally get the engagement ring?

nice ring i got married today

Agreed, very nice ring. Best wishes again with all your plans.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nice ring > > i got married today You got married and posting on AF? Best Honeymoon ever!

Houston has been ripped apart by Ike. Over 5.3 million people have been out of power in the houston area. Our 200 guest list turned to about 30 peolpe. Everyone is still out of power including us. Funny how the lowest week of my career was also the highest of my personal life.

good luck doo. let me know if you want me to put you in touch with contacts in Boston/NYC.

Congrats Pimp on your engagement!

Pimp, Congrats on your engagement.

congrats everyone on getting married and the like. i’m happy being not tied down and single for a good many years to come, but think it is great to those who are happy / married at this point (half of my bros/sis are married . . . 2 down, 2 to go) congrats pimp / goldenboy

Pimp stay strong man. I used to work for Lehman and still has strong feeling towards the company (same as you loss all my shares) congrats pimp / goldenboy

Congrats Pimp and goldenboy. Highs and Lows - they are 2 sides of the same coin

congratulations, goldenboy! there is something special and intimate about small weddings. congrats, pimp!

golden did you get power back? I got mine back on sunday, live inside the loop.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Houston has been ripped apart by Ike. Over 5.3 > million people have been out of power in the > houston area. > > Our 200 guest list turned to about 30 peolpe. > Everyone is still out of power including us. > > Funny how the lowest week of my career was also > the highest of my personal life. Ok, I know I’m late, but its a pretty incredible feat, given that this dude was able to post on AF on the day of his wedding AND without electricity. If my laptop is sitting across the room, laziness might keep me from posting. You sir, are devoted.

Congrats pimp and golden. @ Lehman we are a part of Barclays Wealth Mangement Division (declared this Monday) The decision got a bit delayed and Barclays will unfortunately have to lose a valuable consultant. I found a gig elsewhere.

Actually we are part of Barclays Capital, not Barclays Wealth, which is a separate entity altogether. Good luck in your next gig.

Did you X-Lehman guys actually check the new Voice Mail Greeting message? "Thank You for calling Barclays Capital… "