Lehman - going to 0???

Stock is dropping like crazy each day!!

Bernanke will keep it alive.

"Lehman - going to 0??? " SEEMS TO BE SUPPORT THERE.

Bernanke will keep it alive. - it’s more like our tax dollars will keep it alive.

they should give back their bonuses.

We don’t need tax dollars. We only need to print more money. :slight_smile:

wonder if the recent departures got “golden parachutes” - that would be wrong.

they are not fired out of the firm. They are still within the firm in some other capacity.

right you are… In a statement, Lehman said that the Harvard-educated Ms. Callan will rejoin the firm’s investment banking division “in a senior capacity,” and a spokeswoman said Mr. Gregory – who has worked alongside Mr. Fuld for nearly 30 years – will stay with the company in an undefined capacity. I would be shocked if they stayed…that said, they would have to leave voluntarily - no payouts for them.

Eric Callan rejected the offer to stay. She resigned. More bad news to come. Rough period for LEH. There are talks that Blackrock would takeover LEH. MER has 49% stake in Blackrock.

I’m taking over LEH

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they should give back their bonuses. unfortunately, that is not how it works. If things go well, bonuses are being paid. If things turn out real bad, society picks up the bill. I suspect the current cost to the public has never been of such a dimension. But no banker will be required to pay back his bonus. It’s a sham.

pretty sure virgincfahooker made his comment facetiously

God I hope not. . . too much for this market to Bear (no pun intended) right now.

pretty crappy that they had callan pay the bill; she’s only been there 6 mos. It’s pretty clear most of this happened well before her becoming CFO–just a thought.

dang, what is bfm worth?

Callan is gone because she lost credibility with invesetors. it had to happen.

Callan only had like 20K shares of LEH…Did anyone else think it was strange she had such a small interest? I know she was new to the position but thats peanuts

yeah baby…LEH is up 8% already…BOOOM TIME…BOOOM TIMEEEEEEEEE… f**k yall short traders

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah baby…LEH is up 8% already…BOOOM > TIME…BOOOM TIMEEEEEEEEE… > > f**k yall short traders Save it for the Yahoo Message boards. If you’ve got a legitimate rebuttal to anything Einhorn has said about LEH’s fundamental business, I’d love to hear it. Daddy-Bear Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > virginCFAhooker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > they should give back their bonuses. > > > unfortunately, that is not how it works. If things > go well, bonuses are being paid. If things turn > out real bad, society picks up the bill. I suspect > the current cost to the public has never been of > such a dimension. But no banker will be required > to pay back his bonus. It’s a sham. IB bonuses are often paid with large amounts of restricted stock which vests over several years. So they are indeed giving back their bonuses.