Less than 24 hours to go... who's freaking out?

I’m not really freaking out, since I have no control over the results at this point. When I took the test, I felt very good about the morning session, and pretty good about the afternoon session. I figured I nailed enough questions, and combined with getting some questions I was borderline on correct, I would have enough correct responses for a passing score. But, I came to realize a few of the questions I was certain I nailed contained information I sped past during the exam, forcing me to arrive at the “ha ha, CFAI tricked you!” answer. If I assume I suffered the same fate on other questions, I probably missed too many. With that said, if I do fail, I know why: going through the questions too quickly and skipping over important information. Honestly, some of the questions seemed too easy, and that concerns me. I don’t think I should have had 30+ minutes free at the end of each session. If I were to bet on it, I’d put my money on a failing score. But, less than 24 hours will tell. Good luck to all of you. If you didn’t pass, don’t get discouraged. Get right back on it.

I just finished school, and if i find out i passed the test tomorrow it’s gonna be like winning the lottery. I can quit my crappy job as a waiter in a restaurant, and tell my boss to $#@% off. It will be so great. Failing will be equally as miserable though. i

I used to be a waiter…it was a lot of fun. my only regret was i had a girlfriend the whole time and didn’t bang any of the cute waitresses that worked there. Looking back, now 4 years later, most of them ‘hit the wall’, either still work there or have horrible jobs, and i’m marrying my girlfriend. Don’t let anyone tell you “you make more money waiting tables than you do getting an office job?”…b/c that’s bull

yeah good to know. hopefully I can get an office job soon.

I’m not freaking out. Not much we can do about it now. But I am not sleeping well, and will probably not until tomorrow night, pass or fail. I know I killed Ethics & quant. Just destroyed those sections. So I feel like my ethics score may be good enough to push me into the pass category if I was boderline everywhere else. We’ll find out soon.

So yee who ‘killed ethics’ (i also feel i did quite well there as well), can a CFA (who passed all the tests, has the experience, paid the fee, signed the form, etc.) put “CFA” next to his or her name on LETTERHEAD?

Not the letterhead again…I just stopped being pissed about that last week!

Haha. I had forgotten about that. Thanks a lot.

So what is the answer to the letterhead one? that’s one topic i wasn’t sure about…i said ‘no’…is that correct?

The handbook states that an individual may use “CFA” next to his or her name on letterhead, but a company cannot. In any case, you shouldn’t be refering to this person as “a CFA”!

the top of page 141 of the Standards says that (153 of 184) of the handbook…looks like i got that one wrong…as like 10 strands of hair fall off the back of my head

LMAO Squirrel

I just keep telling myself how one can miss 72 questions (no one had ever failed w/ more than 70% right?)… with this in mind, one would be iffy on ~100, guess right on 25 of those and still pass. I don’t think I had trouble with that many, but I’m still not too optimistic. Interestingly, I’m more anxious today than the day before the exam.

^I keep telling myself the same thing…I cannot imagine that I had trouble with that many questions. Even the ones I was iffy about, I was able to narrow to 50% chance. But I have a friend that has failed lvl 1 3 times. I could not imagine that either, yet it happens.

So who is gonna start the OFFICIAL Dec 2007 Pass thread?

The CFA letterhead question is open to interpretation and people should agree to disagree, I have read that sometimes the CFAI determines that more than one answer is acceptable for a question and therefore counts both answers… Anyone else confirm this? In any case, It will be 1 a.m here on Thursday morning, I will probably work from home on Thursday, and thus after getting the result which is still (50-50) will most probably be sitting their reflecting on what it all means pass or fail… I have bets with all my close family and friends - If I pass I am spending about a $1000 in gifts on them if I fail they are paying for the re-take… I have also been praying and getting other people to pray for me to various Gods from various religions… (Christian, Hindu, Zorastrian, Greek, Roman etc.) I have not yet prayed to Allah as I did not visit the local Mosque - but I pray to him now as well, and I pray to him for all of you on this thread too… Good Luck hope everyone is happy regardless of the result…

praying to all the different Gods will actually work against you, as none of them will actually accept you.

I am feeling very very nervous now! Am in Singapore and…3hr06mins to go… terribly terribly scared

Is it true that if you fail ethics, you fail the whole exam regardless on your performance on the other sections ? The next two hours will be the longest :confused:

ticktock ticktock…