less than 50 in IPS

Just wondering a worst case scenario … does anyone here know of any CFA L-3 candidate who cleared the exam despite “less than 50” on IPS section? just curious to know …

I think I read in a past post that bromion past with less than 50 in both IPS sections.

you will get over a 50. just focus here in the last few weeks. just do as many of these problems as you can. you will get it sooner or later.

I am scared to take a AM test…

thanks for the info and confidence booster …

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am scared to take a AM test… Just do it. You will learn a lot. It’s important to know how to structure the answers on the IPS stuff.

I’m sure I will. I am like a deer in the headlights.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sure I will. > > I am like a deer in the headlights. Feeling the exact same way. I know it will be good to get through one, but I want to keep avoiding it. Thinking maybe it will be easier tomorrow. That will need to change pretty soon.

you guys are going to kill it like you do everything else. do one TODAY!! then report back your ridiculously high score and make me feel like a slacker. this is what will happen. it always does.

It will help you learn to game the answers. I’d jump on it sooner rather than later.

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It will help you learn to game the answers. I’d > jump on it sooner rather than later. I know you’re right. I will take one early this week.

basically where i’m at too … i’ve got into them in the last day or so. but it’s basically brutal. but just do it… i feel like i have good base on the analytical list and am getting good feel for ethics/GIPS. so IPS is the last frontier… why don’t we start a thread for us people concerned about the subject. and we’ll do problems together. BTW, what is up with the marina’s guy’s starving artist daughter who seems to resist family assistance, but has 138K euro’s yearly spend rate (before her son’s educational needs)… what world do these people live in?

Right, I think from conceptual view most of us are where we need to be. Now we need to sharpen our test taking skills. For me that means plowing through as many questions and question rationales as possible. Oh, and regurgitating the canned IPS language they want to hear. Even considering drilling myself on formulas. 3 more weeks.

I find the examples funny as well. I remember reading one where the client had about $3million in net worth and was retiring. The client had a requirement to spend $200k on her daughters wedding. 200k wedding…damn

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I find the examples funny as well. > > I remember reading one where the client had about > $3million in net worth and was retiring. The > client had a requirement to spend $200k on her > daughters wedding. 200k wedding…damn yeah, some of it is LOL for sure… just seems unbelievable that this “yacht” woman is “proud” and resists family help, but has zero income and her spend is CDN$200K after-tax (and not taking care of all her son’s expenses). too much.

200k wedding…the client is probably Indian…

i am actually more scared about the PM session! anybody else?

I just took the Schweser Book 1 exam 1 - I feel better now that it’s over.

how’d you do il?

68 am and 70 pm. Not what I was hoping for.