Let us decide a week and give elan mocks together in the same week.Is it ok guys??

I have glanced at Scheweser mocks and they are crap. Compared to CFAI, it is not indicative at all. I know for Level 1, schweser didnt represent the actual exam at all. Elan seems to strucute their exams by literally testing the Elan material word for word. Elan does a better job at testing concepts and formulas, but again I dont think their structure will be like exam day at all.

best advice- stick to cfai mocks and cfai cirriculum for stuff. reread cirriculum over and over and eventually it will stick. save ethics for last week.

CFAI 2014 mocks are useless if you have already done the 2010-2013 CFAI mocks/sample exams since most of the questions in 2014 CFAI mocks are from past CFAI mock/sample exams.

I found Schweser mocks to be harder than actual CFA L 1 exams.

I have done well in schweser mocks because schweser is my primary reading material for L2.

Elan mocks will be litmus test for my preparations.

Vow!!! Galli Those are great scores.I took one of Elan mocks and found them to be really tough…

So Tommy 83 and my self are taking 1st Elan mock between 11-15 may…How many of you want to join us??

Let us do it…i think it will be useful.

i got 66% on elan mock #1 on April 11th

I took cfa mock 2012 today and it absolutly was way harder then any mock i have taken and was much much more challenging than Elan Mocks

I have not yet taken any of the CFAI mocks. What about them is so hard? I plan on taking one of them next weekend. 2012 was harder than 2013? I heard 2013 was brutal

Just scored my 2012 mock… I got 67% it was really challenging, I am going to take the 2013 mock in 2 weeks… Tommy let me know how u do on the 12/13

Will do. I hear the CFAI mocks are the most challenging of them all, so a 67% is not too shabby. I’d be pleased with that at this stage in the game (4 weeks to go). Work has really slowed me down this past week. The plan is to take one of the CFAI mocks next weekend (May 18)

Strongly suggest doing the 2012 Mock… the 2011/2010/2009 are no where near as brutal as the 2012. It will give you a real solid sense of where you stand trust me (take it from someone who has put in 700+ hours on my first go round).

Good luck my friend… also waiting for RAHUL ROY to chime in here…

ProvidenceCFA - How do you score yourself on older CFA official mocks…? do u exclude the questions that dont form part of reading any more, if you exclude those questions, do you then accordingly cut down on your 3 hours time (for each AM & PM)? Thx

good question- for eample the 2012 mock had 2 item sets that werent relative to 2014 exam so i took them both out and subsituted it with item sets from the 2014 mock exam. 2013 doesnt need any adjustments though

Did you pass L1 in june?

june 2013 yea. u

December…Results came out on 28 Jan… so started preparation from early Feb…have locked in 240 hours so far…hoping to hit 325 hrs before 6 th June…

I would have loved to study from CFAI books but due to time constraint…i am forced to follow schweser…

But i will surely do EOC from CFAI books again…

Any ways…best of luck.