Lets keep things in perspective

I know everyone is on here because we are looking to know if we passed or not but the truth is there were 120 questions on that exam and none of us remember all of them. We will only be able to know what we are really looking for in 100 days. Lets also face the fact that we gave answers to questions we “knew” were right but perhaps forgot one part of the equation. What really matters is if we passed and most likely we were able to get 38 problems wrong and still end up with a 68.33% which is most likely a pass. Thats 19 questions wrong on each session. I think we have good chances.

what do you mean we have “good chances”? since the pass rate is less than 40%, most of the people here will fail in all likelihood.

most people who care enough to be on here debating this right now were ahead of the game in terms of efforts in studying. the pass rate for AF regulars is much higher than the average.

I could probably count the number of “AF regulars” as ng30 puts it on my hands. If you dispute this claim, some people are born with genetic mutations and may more than 5 fingers on each hand. Its a joke…need to relax after LII… Remember next year its becoming a 3MC exam lol…so i wanna get out of the whirlpool before it starts sucking me under the sea.

Reading these posts, I know that I got 10-15 wrong so far.

Damn, I thought I had read somewhere that the pass rates for level 2 were closer to 60% - knew it was too good to be true…

Interesting http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/press/release/07releases/20070816_01.html

milkpump Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what do you mean we have “good chances”? since > the pass rate is less than 40%, most of the people > here will fail in all likelihood. the af regulars tend to have a much much higher pass rate than 40%, that’s what he means.

Everyone should relax a little. It is safe to say that the minimum pass rate is determined by 70% of the top 1% of scores on average. There are a few other factors but that is the basic criteria.

I think there is a learning curve on last year, which was the most woeful passrate in CFA Level II history…I think AFers will do better this year…

ng30 is correct, the pass rate on this forum is higher than the average…anyone who supplements their work, whether “AF-regular” or someone like me who only posts onthe things where i can meaningfully add to discussion like in equity options (i hope anyway), is obviously someone who gives a darn about how they will do, i.e., not a half-assed studier. It is encouraging, BTW, that so many on this forum found afternoon so much harder–that is to say, if this forum found afternoon difficult, think of how the rest of the world found it. ENJOY the summer and forget about this until mid august.

jeff22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Everyone should relax a little. It is safe to say > that the minimum pass rate is determined by 70% of > the top 1% of scores on average. There are a few > other factors but that is the basic criteria. Except that hasn’t been true for several years.

Where did the 70% of 1% highest come from? Is it the how CFAI always grades the test?

JDV, what makes you say this?