Let's say all you cared about was making a ton of $$$...

Sales is definitely the way to go for quick bucks. You’ll most likely get burned out after a year or two. All my friends and I started out in sales, we all did extremely well considering we graduated from a mediocre university, and made more money than anyone I know that’s around our age. (23-26). But beware, it’ll burn you out.

yeah get into real estate. it is where I work and you wouldnt believe how many Italian guys with a HS diploma (if that) are worth $10 million bucks…not kidding either.

^What does being Italian have anything to do with your point?

nothing. There just happen to be a large amount of Italians that work in real estate. I’m Italian too, so don’t get ready to pull some kind of race card based on my comment like I have a feeling is coming…

Fact: There is also a large amount of Italians in the Godfather and the Sopranos.

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nothing. There just happen to be a large amount of > Italians that work in real estate. I’m Italian > too, so don’t get ready to pull some kind of race > card based on my comment like I have a feeling is > coming… That’s cool. I wasn’t going to make a big deal about it I was just curious.

Does anyone have experience in pharm-sales?

kind of reminds me of the seinfeld episode when jerry is mad because he thinks his dentist became jewish for the jokes.

my buddy works for Merck in sales. He makes pretty good money. His dad does the same thing. One of those six figure jobs, where you dont make millions, but it’s pretty cush. You sell doctors what they need anyway, and schmooze in the meantime. company car, 40 hrs a week, golfing, etc.

Average skill set and abnormally high income? Unless you’re a NY Knick, it’s tough to pull off.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Average skill set and abnormally high income? > Unless you’re a NY Knick, it’s tough to pull off. well played

Institutional sales …

Are these positions entry level out of college?

“Are these positions entry level out of college?” The knicks’ positions are…

What does being Italian have anything to do with your point? Cause if you don’t buy, we’ll “make 'em an offer they can’t refuse”

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Institutional sales … Agreed. At least on the asset side the process is fairly “institutionalized…”. very different from calling on grandma or brokers. you make a few calls to plan sponsors… find out about a search… get consultant on board… submit RFP… go to semifinals… go to finals… and voila! two weeks later you win the business.

Fact: Bears, beats, Battlestar Galactica

GE Capital, mix of finance/marketing/sales. Have to be a very good relationship person. Insurance Adjusting, Insurance underwriting.

furniture sales man, no joke, some can make 100k

CFAMaven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > furniture sales man, no joke, some can make 100k When I hear of salaries like that for jobs like that, it makes me question why on earth I bother sometimes. I have a neighbor who sells wheelchairs and makes a steady $200k. How hard can that possibly be?