Let's say all you cared about was making a ton of $$$...

“When I hear of salaries like that for jobs like that, it makes me question why on earth I bother sometimes. I have a neighbor who sells wheelchairs and makes a steady $200k. How hard can that possibly be?” You can’t be in a job like that for the money though, you have to really enjoy helping people…and wear leather blazers, lots of leather blazers.

>>> I have a neighbor who sells wheelchairs and makes a steady $200k. How hard can that possibly be? Have you tried convincing a non-disabled person to buy a wheelchair because you can give them a great discount? If you can do that, selling fridges to Eskimos is a breeze.

move to Dubai or Hong Kong…

Or move to Moscow. There is a real deficit of analysts here right now, and large global banks as well as local brokers are looking for people. Of course, it helps if you speak Russian, but it’s not an absolute prerequisite if you’re good enough. Believe it or not, Merrill is hiring for their Moscow office right now, and Deutsche just had a bunch of analysts poached by VTB, so they are looking to re-load. Pay packages can be very lucrative for oil & gas and metals & mining analysts, especially the good ones.

Hooker Lower east side

honestly; if you think 100-200k is the top of the world; you’re in the wrong biz now.

What’s the average salary in Moscow for a buyside analyst with 1-2 years of experience? dapoopa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Or move to Moscow. There is a real deficit of > analysts here right now, and large global banks as > well as local brokers are looking for people. Of > course, it helps if you speak Russian, but it’s > not an absolute prerequisite if you’re good > enough. > > Believe it or not, Merrill is hiring for their > Moscow office right now, and Deutsche just had a > bunch of analysts poached by VTB, so they are > looking to re-load. > > Pay packages can be very lucrative for oil & gas > and metals & mining analysts, especially the good > ones.

Good junior analysts (1-2 yrs experience) can probably start off in the neighborhood of $100-150k (base + bonus), more experienced juniors are in the $200-300k range, and seniors make significantly more. The best senior analysts in oil & gas, metals & mining or consumer/retail have got to be pushing seven figures now. The job market for analysts in Moscow has probably never been hotter than it is currently. You know it’s hot when Merrill is expanding in Moscow while cutting headcount in NYC and London… I would contact a local headhunting agency like Staffwell (www.staffwell.com) or Whirlwind Search (www.whirlwindsearch.com) and see what’s available. Knowing Russian is obviously a big plus, but not essential if you’re good enough otherwise. And having a CFA is another clear advantage over less qualified candidates.

dapoopa, can I drop you an e-mail?

Haha, pharma-sales… You mean drug dealer? I hear the margins are excellent GenY

dapoopa Wrote: or Whirlwind Search > (www.whirlwindsearch.com) and see what’s > available. Knowing Russian is obviously a big > plus, but not essential if you’re good enough > otherwise. And having a CFA is another clear > advantage over less qualified candidates. I’ve heard good things about Fiona at Whirlwind Search. I speak Russian but probably never going back to Moscow. Way too risky for me right now.

sales is a great skill to have.

Thanks for the info dapoopa… I do speak Russian… I am planning to stick to NYC for couple more years to get more experience and not to lose my resident status… However in few years I might consider working in Moscow for a bit providing it’s still a hot (and not burning) market out there:) dapoopa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good junior analysts (1-2 yrs experience) can > probably start off in the neighborhood of > $100-150k (base + bonus), more experienced juniors > are in the $200-300k range, and seniors make > significantly more. The best senior analysts in > oil & gas, metals & mining or consumer/retail have > got to be pushing seven figures now. > > The job market for analysts in Moscow has probably > never been hotter than it is currently. You know > it’s hot when Merrill is expanding in Moscow while > cutting headcount in NYC and London… > > I would contact a local headhunting agency like > Staffwell (www.staffwell.com) or Whirlwind Search > (www.whirlwindsearch.com) and see what’s > available. Knowing Russian is obviously a big > plus, but not essential if you’re good enough > otherwise. And having a CFA is another clear > advantage over less qualified candidates.

I spoke with Sylvain Gauffre at Michael Page’s moscow office last year when I was thinking about moving to Moscow. Nice guy. Maybe he can help.

This is the golden question. If there was an answer, you wouldn’t see so many young analysts going into I banking for 100K.

lucrative finance jobs for average skillset across the board? Zero.

If you bust your a$$ in compliance you could see 250k before 30.

LOL, I’d rather bust my ass at so many other things even if it meant that I were poor…

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “I used to be a salesman (takes a drink of > burbon), it’s a tuff racket.” Nice drop…But I think its I used to sell Real Estate isn’t it

Sure, go ahead and send me an email dapoopa1@yahoo.com