Lets start Losers

youre a loser loser

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m laughing like an idiot at my desk reading this > post! I bet my cube neighbors think I’m a brain > dead zombie right now. This is wrong on so many > levels, from the title, to his English, to his > logic. I feel like Google translated this from > Klingon and did a poor job at it. Give up on the > CFA and become a comedian dude. Self-deprecation > is IN, in the comedic realm right now, just look > on Twitter. His post reminds me of Kyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37EzJnuntk

This was a post to the reaction of all the postings asking for the suggestions about whether they should write CFA again or not. Now, This post has lost its intention…and turned out to be a comedy…glad you all guys had good fun. Mods - Is there any way to kill this post?

chaits84 is cute

chaits84 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mods - Is there any way to kill this post? This post shall forever shame you. - Someone, Somewhere

There should be an “Analyst Forum Hall of Fame” category.

@lxwarr30 - It just turned out to be playground for fun…otherwise I don’t think it as a shameful post AT ALL.

chaits you always put a smile on my face:P

Reading that post gave me a headache!

OK, I’m starting to feel a little bad now. 28 replies and not one addressing the OPs question. Do you think the reason why people are mocking this post are representative of why you have failed the exam 2 or 3 times? i.e. your shaky grasp of the English language? It looks like you failed the Ethics section of the exam, understandable because of the wordy nature of it but I am wondering if your problems can be traced back to your original understanding (or lack thereof) the actual material during your study? Formulas can be short and concise but there must be a ton of non-formulaic concepts that require fairly lengthy explanations. Are you having trouble with the material or do you think it’s strictly something to do with your exam prep?

Thanks Alladin and Bluesman. @Bluesman - I contemplated over the shortcomings you highlighted and realized that you are RIGHT. Thnx a ton. I didn’t completed the material on time, didnt gave Mocks properly and I have paid the price of it. I should admit, it is definitely partially due to shaky grasp in English which eventually leads to more confusion in quite a tricky Ethics questions. To address language challenges, I started working on verbal(Grammer) section of GMAT and now, I will try to work on the Ethics sections similiar to approach for handling Critical reasoning questions of GMAT. I remember finishing ethics section in 20-25 mins (each session) during exams. When I later revisited Ethics section, I ended up changing my options for appx 20-30% of questions. So, understanding of questions and grip on Ethics isn’t that strong. But surprisingly it wasn’t the case when I was going over CFA Code of conduct book questions or Scheweser material.

It is possible to fail ethics and still pass the exam. At the same time you can pass ethics and still fail the whole thing so be careful with your time allocation. It sounds like you are going to focus on ethics and I would say go ahead but make sure the other topics are not totally neglected. I realised a long time ago that it’s not worth stressing too much over any one question. It’s only worth 1 mark. Most of the time you either know it or you don’t so go with your gut instinct then move on to the next question with a clear mind. What I was actually asking was whether, in your opinion, you thought had a decent grasp of the material going into the exam. Now you are saying you didn’t complete the material on time nor spent enough time on mocks so it looks like going into the exam, the odds were already stacked against you. To let this happen once is understandable, to let this happen 2 or 3 times really is inexcusable. I don’t know anything about GMAT so I can’t comment but my advice to you would be this (I wrote this in another post but I think it applies to you): I think the best tip for the Level 1 exam is do as many practice questions as you can. Therefore, I would say get your hands on as many practice questions and mock exams as possible. More to the point, the secret is not just doing the questions but the time spent on marking the answers. What I mean by this is don’t cut any corners when you are grading your paper. For every question you should make a real effort to understand the answer. It’s not enough just to see that you have the answer right and then move onto the next question (unless you truly understand the answer). That goes for all sections apart from Ethics, I think that can be very subjective so don’t get too bogged down with it. If your answer is incorrect (or you have guessed it correctly) you should spend a few minutes reading up and around the answer. This can be quite annoying at first because it is very time consuming (if you are doing a 3 hour exam, then it’ll take 3 hours to mark it properly too) but as time goes on you’ll see repetition in the questions and will be able to do them much faster. I think it’s natural to enter the revision period leading up to the exam feeling that you have forgotten much of the material that you studied at the beginning of the year. But again, if you do enough questions then you’ll cover the material at some point. My entire revision for the Level 1 exam consisted of doing Qbank, EOC and mock exams. I studied from the official CFAI notes and didn’t use any third party notes. I used a highlighter pen on the notes first pass through but I found that I didn’t even go through them a second time, I let the entire revision process be guided by the practice questions. I passed L1 in June and came out of the exam feeling pretty confident.

^ I agree that it is important to understand both questions you get wrong and questions on which you guess correctly. I wrote a quick “G” with a circle around it on practice test bank questions where I did *any* degree of guessing (educated or not) and gave myself 1/2 or no credit for these questions when scoring since I could just have easily have guessed wrong.