Let's start the bashing.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 13% increase in food stamp payments - $20 billion > > => Buy McDonald’s Can you spend food stamps at Mickey D’s? I thought those things could only be spent on milk, bread, cheese, the essentials?

No experience but I thought generally food stamps are used for people to get fed through major food outlets like grocery stores and… Mickey D’s! Haha, probably no one on this board could tell through personal experience.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No experience but I thought generally food stamps > are used for people to get fed through major food > outlets like grocery stores and… Mickey D’s! > > Haha, probably no one on this board could tell > through personal experience. I used to be a cashier at Harris Teeter and people would bring foodstamps to pay. . . the beginning of my finance career. I hope the CFAI counts that as acceptable experience.

Democrats are back… oh boy

I saw a guy buying two forties of Mickey’s with his foodstamps… wonder if the two are connected?

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I saw a guy buying two forties of Mickey’s with > his foodstamps… wonder if the two are connected? So now we have proof, anyone serious about buying some shares of MCD?

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I saw a guy buying two forties of Mickey’s with > > his foodstamps… wonder if the two are > connected? > > > So now we have proof, anyone serious about buying > some shares of MCD? Mickey’s Malt Liquor, not Mickey Ds :wink:

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So now we have proof, anyone serious about buying > some shares of MCD? This was at a grocery store though, not a fast food chain. I’m skeptical about whether or not Ronald would take them.

Food stamps can’t be used on alcohol, tobacco, non-foodstuffs… But… if you go down to you local ghetto, and offer a welfare recipient $80 cash in exchange for $100 in food stamps, you can make a quick $20 food profit (aka a free Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, and some potato salad). Do that 10-15 times, then call up your friends, have a barbeque, $5 per plate and BYOB… you have a good time and make a good profit.

Florida_Gator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Food stamps can’t be used on alcohol, tobacco, > non-foodstuffs… > > But… if you go down to you local ghetto, and > offer a welfare recipient $80 cash in exchange for > $100 in food stamps, you can make a quick $20 food > profit (aka a free Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, and > some potato salad). Do that 10-15 times, then > call up your friends, have a barbeque, $5 per > plate and BYOB… you have a good time and make a > good profit. That is an awsome idea. Afterall, they need the cash to sniff up. Though I’ll make sure to invest in a bullet proof vest before I go.

Florida_Gator Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Food stamps can’t be used on alcohol, tobacco, > non-foodstuffs… > > But… if you go down to you local ghetto, and > offer a welfare recipient $80 cash in exchange for > $100 in food stamps, you can make a quick $20 food > profit (aka a free Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, and > some potato salad). Do that 10-15 times, then > call up your friends, have a barbeque, $5 per > plate and BYOB… you have a good time and make a > good profit. Only in the good ol’ days. There are no longer any foodstamps - just EBT (debit) cards. Can’t trade them for cash without risk of being caught. Used to be a very profitable business, especially for urban grocery/convenience store owners. There are still WIC checks (typically written in the name of the beneficiary, and endorsed in store) - but your barbeque will suck since you’ll only have fruit loops, milk and cookies.

CFAchief Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Florida_Gator Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Food stamps can’t be used on alcohol, tobacco, > > non-foodstuffs… > > > > But… if you go down to you local ghetto, and > > offer a welfare recipient $80 cash in exchange > for > > $100 in food stamps, you can make a quick $20 > food > > profit (aka a free Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, > and > > some potato salad). Do that 10-15 times, > then > > call up your friends, have a barbeque, $5 per > > plate and BYOB… you have a good time and make > a > > good profit. > > Only in the good ol’ days. There are no longer any > foodstamps - just EBT (debit) cards. Can’t trade > them for cash without risk of being caught. Used > to be a very profitable business, especially for > urban grocery/convenience store owners. > > There are still WIC checks (typically written in > the name of the beneficiary, and endorsed in > store) - but your barbeque will suck since you’ll > only have fruit loops, milk and cookies. Why cannot you buy a steak with that? Does the EBT know the difference between normal and inferior goods?

> -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Food stamps can’t be used on alcohol, > tobacco, > > > non-foodstuffs… > > > > > > But… if you go down to you local ghetto, > and > > > offer a welfare recipient $80 cash in > exchange > > for > > > $100 in food stamps, you can make a quick $20 > > food > > > profit (aka a free Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, > > and > > > some potato salad). Do that 10-15 times, > > then > > > call up your friends, have a barbeque, $5 per > > > plate and BYOB… you have a good time and > make > > a > > > good profit. > > > > Only in the good ol’ days. There are no longer > any > > foodstamps - just EBT (debit) cards. Can’t > trade > > them for cash without risk of being caught. > Used > > to be a very profitable business, especially > for > > urban grocery/convenience store owners. > > > > There are still WIC checks (typically written > in > > the name of the beneficiary, and endorsed in > > store) - but your barbeque will suck since > you’ll > > only have fruit loops, milk and cookies. > > Why cannot you buy a steak with that? Does the EBT > know the difference between normal and inferior > goods? I meant that you can no longer give somebody $80 for $100 worth of food stamps. EBT does not care what type of food you buy (as long as it is not ‘prepared in store’). WIC, on other hand, lists the itmes you can buy on the check.

Hold up! You can buy alcohol with food stamps!!! That’s it I’m setting up my own colony at the North Pole. I’m done.

sweet… up to 2400 of non federal taxed unemployment benefits… i thought we weren’t going to bail out these slimy bankers.

Explosive detection systems for airports $1,000 Million but Upgrades to Federal Aviation Administration power systems, air traffic control centers and towers and airport lighting, navigation and landing equipment $200 Million and Grants for airport improvements $1,100 Million I would think that improvements to FAA infrastructure which we always here is so antiquated would be a more beneficial investment than more bomb sniffing machines to make the flying public feel good.