Let's start the bashing.

Pick your poison from the list. http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/STIMULUS_FINAL_0217.html

Extension of unemployment compensation by 13 weeks for railroad workers ($21M) …by far my favourite. why so specific? railroad workers have it that much worse than everyone else? breaking story?

NASA - WTF do they do anymore???

So, let me get this right. We’re going to give a tax break to unprofitable businesses and then loan them even more money? There is not nearly enough in here for small businesses.

Tax provisions Individual tax cuts $400 payroll tax credit for workers earning up to $75,000; married couples filing jointly get $800 for income up to $150,000 $116,199million Didn’t we do this under Bush and it was same as taking a pi$$ in the ocean and hoping to raise the sea level by a foot?

psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didn’t we do this under Bush and it was same as > taking a pi$$ in the ocean and hoping to raise the > sea level by a foot? But now they are going to average it out during the year so it’s not one lump sum. Hoping that people think, “oh, I have an extra $8 this week…I think I will spend it rather than save it”.

Coupons, education and consumer support for digital to analogue converter box program $650 million. Good Stuff.

$315M so tribal governments can issue bonds with greater ease.

$288M on high speed trains… awesome.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Coupons, education and consumer support for > digital to analogue converter box program > $650 million. > > Good Stuff. C’mon! The Digital to Analogue converter box program is absolutely needed! How can we justify depriving the poor/unemployed/welfare recipients of watching talk shows and infomercials during the day. I mean, god forbid they actually, *gasp* pick up a book!! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Cleanup of former nuclear defense sites $5,127 million. There is something fishy about this.

Extra funding for child support enforcement - $1b… A) Wear a condom B) If that does not work and you do not want a kid look into alternatives; abortion & adoption. C) If you still decide to have the kid… MAN UP AND PAY FOR IT SO I DO NOT HAVE TO! Some people in this country, like that crazy woman in CA, are not worth the air they breathe.

What about the underground leaks one? If they are underground, no one will see :wink:

“Spending Oversight” I see a lot of these. If you spend more now, you have less later. Does the government not work by these rules? Do they think if we spend more now, we say we have a “Spending Oversight” and can still have more later . . . ?

Extra money for Census: $1B A billion dollars ‘extra’ for a census! I will gladly take that contract and make a nice profit.

Government - Costs to Internal Revenue Service of providing health coverage help to workers laid off because of outsourcing overseas $80

13% increase in food stamp payments - $20 billion => Buy McDonald’s

Haha! gotta love the 2 million for Nasa spending oversight. That is a joke But the high speed trains - those might be those new magenetic trains that dont have engines, those things are awesome

$225 million grants for tribal law enforcement How da F*ck is this going to stimulate the economy?? F*cking politicians…

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Extra money for Census: $1B > > A billion dollars ‘extra’ for a census! I will > gladly take that contract and make a nice profit. We are going to redraw the lines and maintain power forever! Let’s sneak in the start of socialized healthcare while we are at it! Buy American! Support Labor! Give me my Entitlements! Yhea!