Let's talk about the moderators

In the wake of recent events, I think we as a community should discuss the current mod situation, and what we like and don’t like about how they go about their business. Please share any suggestions too.

Numi - Obviously the best because he does nothing. (Only slightly sarcastic)

bchad - I like bchad’s moderating style even if we only agree about half the time. What I really appreciate is his willingness to explain his actions and why he thought they were necessary (or why inaction was the best course). Communication is key.

S2000 - Works his magic behind the scenes. Keeps threads in their proper forum. Doesn’t get too involved (at least in a member facing manner) in all the drama.

itera - Not sure how you ever got to be a mod. You’re insecure, have no sense of humor, and take things way too personally. You have a history of advocating to ban members you don’t like, and you certainly edit/delete posts that are negatively directed at you. You were a much better member than mod. You should step down, but there’s no way your ego would allow yourself to do such a thing.

and a list of those who should be added as mods:

ohai

geo

thommo

higgmond

STL for the win, agreed with all your comments. bchad is awesome, S200 is probably the most helpful person in the universe. No comment on Numi as I have never seen a post from him, and I also am clueless as to how itera is a mod.

wow its like you read my mind. some folks just cant handle the power

That’s a good summary. Itera’s maturity level as a moderator is similar to that of BS; however, unlike BS he lacks the integrity necessary for him to resign.

BS didn’t have the temper or diplomacy to be a moderator. A mod should rise above everyone else and keep his cool.

I’ve always been a contrarian and nominate Iheartiheartmath as senior mod.

Then why do you discount me by 90%?

I just gave you a haircut, dont worry they always look weird at first. Give it a few days itll grow in and look great!

Best reply I can recall to that question.

Thank you, but not interested. I’m also never here on weekends or nights and don’t visit other forums, except the Feedback Forum of course.

Edit: Talk about irony. When I started typing this it was in the WC and by the time it posted, it was in the Feedback Forum.

I’ll back up itera here. At least on the sense of humor part. One time he posted a cat gif that almost made me pee my pants. The guy has caught a lot of flak lately. He gives good honest advice in the Careers section too. Even if the truth hurts.