Level 1 CFA Candidate- right or wrong?

Hi I am not very sure about whether we can say that " I have become a level 1/2/3 CFA candidate". Is that acceptable? I also have another question related to GIPS To comply with GISP, private equity investments must be valued according to specific guidelines contained in Appendix D… Exceptions in which private equity investments can be valued according to the main body of GIPS include a-Evergreen funds and open end funds b-closed end funds and venture capital investments c-Venture capital investment and mezzanine financing Anyone could help? Thanks

maxmeomeo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi > > I am not very sure about whether we can say that " > I have become a level 1/2/3 CFA candidate". Is > that acceptable? > > I also have another question related to GIPS > > To comply with GISP, private equity investments > must be valued according to specific guidelines > contained in Appendix D… Exceptions in which > private equity investments can be valued according > to the main body of GIPS include > a-Evergreen funds and open end funds > b-closed end funds and venture capital > investments > c-Venture capital investment and mezzanine > financing > > Anyone could help? > > Thanks I think its ok to say “I’ve become a Level x candidate” The answer to the GIPS question is A. Read the Private Equity section and its spelled out pretty clearly.

“A” makes sense bc evergreen and open fund get continuous contributions and GIPS makes managers define and revalue at “large” cash flows, which could potentially mean continuous (read: $$$$) pricing of funds assets

I don’t think it’s okay to say I have become CFA level 2 candidate, as “candidate” refers to those who are preparing for the exams in the current year. Let’s say if A passes level 2 two years ago, he is not allowed to say, “A is a CFA level 2 candidate”, as he is not appearing for the exam this year, or “A has become level 2 candidate”, because candidate is not really a designation like CFA charter holders. However, he can always refer that he had passed CFA level 2 exam two years back, or he has passed level 2 exam 2 years back in the first attempt itself.

I’m pretty sure you can if you are planning on taking the next part soon, starting on page 145 in the cfai ethics and quant book discusses correct and incorrect uses. I beleive you can always say what parts you have passed however even if you’re not sitting for the next part.

DSquaredSlim Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m pretty sure you can if you are planning on > taking the next part soon, starting on page 145 in > the cfai ethics and quant book discusses correct > and incorrect uses. > > I beleive you can always say what parts you have > passed however even if you’re not sitting for the > next part. I am not saying you can not say that but how you say that is important.

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DSquaredSlim Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m pretty sure you can if you are planning on > > taking the next part soon, starting on page 145 > in > > the cfai ethics and quant book discusses > correct > > and incorrect uses. > > > > I beleive you can always say what parts you > have > > passed however even if you’re not sitting for > the > > next part. > > > I am not saying you can not say that but how you > say that is important. I know, i wasn’t referring to your post, just answering his question :slight_smile:

DSquaredSlim Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > DSquaredSlim Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m pretty sure you can if you are planning > on > > > taking the next part soon, starting on page > 145 > > in > > > the cfai ethics and quant book discusses > > correct > > > and incorrect uses. > > > > > > I beleive you can always say what parts you > > have > > > passed however even if you’re not sitting for > > the > > > next part. > > > > > > I am not saying you can not say that but how > you > > say that is important. > > > I know, i wasn’t referring to your post, just > answering his question :slight_smile: I know but your doesn’t cover everything That’s the reason why I replied so that people don’t mistake it.

DSquaredSlim Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > DSquaredSlim Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m pretty sure you can if you are planning > on > > > taking the next part soon, starting on page > 145 > > in > > > the cfai ethics and quant book discusses > > correct > > > and incorrect uses. > > > > > > I beleive you can always say what parts you > > have > > > passed however even if you’re not sitting for > > the > > > next part. > > > > > > I am not saying you can not say that but how > you > > say that is important. > > > I know, i wasn’t referring to your post, just > answering his question :slight_smile: I know but your post doesn’t cover everything That’s the reason why I replied so that people don’t mistake it.

i told him to look in the cfai text on pg 145, that covers everything