Level 1 who just sat in Dec 09 exam

No one should exclusively be using Schweser anyways, those are just guides after all.

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dbfinley Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Not spelling doom, just giving friendly advice > to > > people on the forum. I wish I had known before > > using Schweser. Just my 2 cents alphaboy, you > can > > use whatever you want. Good luck mate! > > > Dude its not my fault that I found the exam easy > using Schweser and you didn’t. May be I can > remember what I read better than you can? Ever > thought of the idea that Schweser had the answer > to 95% of the questions on the test and you just > failed to remember the material? > > You are the ONLY person on this forum who keeps on > complaining about how Schweser failed to cover > many of the questions on the exam, while there are > many people on this forum alone who have passed L1 > using only Schweser material and based on how well > I think I did, I will be one of those many come > January. > > Stop telling (more like scarying) new members > information that is completely untrue. Schweser is > and will always be more than enough to pass L1. > You are the outlier here mate. Really? Please re read the thread about test prep. Almost unanimously we said Schweser is not enough. YOU in fact are the outlier. Schweser is indeed just a guide, from the forum Elan is much better anyway.

Re: How do you feel about your prep provider? Posted by: gazhoo (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: December 7, 2009 12:39AM Schweser alone isn’t enough. The second half of the exam dealt with a lot of material that I had not seen in the Schweser material. Believe me, I knew the schweser stuff inside out. Re: How do you feel about your prep provider? Posted by: ReginalD (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: December 7, 2009 12:30PM I took the test in NY I used Schwes and the study notes were garbage. Re: How do you feel about your prep provider? Posted by: rinella (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: December 7, 2009 12:31AM you know we can’t answer explicitly all i can say is… do not rely on Schweser only Re: How do you feel about your prep provider? Posted by: CFAMaven (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: December 6, 2009 04:14PM Does anyone know if Question Bank 2009 will no lonfer work at all after Dec 31, 2009 or do they simply stop giving you the possibility to get updates/new questions ? (I think its the former the way it worded in the bottom of the Qbank software) And I am debating whether I should take up Schweser’s offer of a 50% discount if you failed Etc. etc.

I think schweser is enough, but you do need to use CFAI for ethics for sure. I think there were only a few questions that schweser didn’t cover. For the original poster, I dont think you’ll have a problem with the material at all with that type of education. There is a large section on accounting so it might be good to use the CFAI text for that. Actually if you could pick up an accounting course as an elective before you graduate that would help a ton.

Guys! Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion here. However, its better to err on the side of caution. Studying from guides exclusively has worked for people in the past (myself included) and will continue to work for people going forward. But, I feel that the kind of questions I hear about these days(especially since the curriculum became available) are better tackled if the curriculum is used as the primary resource and study guides (schweser, stall, elan or whatever) as a supplement. Relying on guides exclusively definitely isn’t the recommended approach. Better to be safe than sorry right? I know a lot of people who felt like dbfinley coming out of the exam. Even if their anti-Schweser rant is a bit excessive, theres no denying the quality of the curriculum. DBfinley- you could still pass bro. Keep the faith

agree with mrbrownstone. Ethics should be prepared from CFAI books where schweser is more than enough for the rest