Level-2 , Any one starting before the exam result

Just curious to know that anyone who is so confident of the level-1 exam and starting level-2 before Jan 27th?

i might take a peek during some time off around christmas - hopefully its not time wasted, but what the heck…

I know a couple people who waited until January’s exam results before hitting the books for Level 2. I think it will still give us enough time. That’s my plan at least.

I’d like to have a look through the books to see what its like, just out of interest. Not 100% confident about that exam, but would be good to know what’s expected in the next one, just in case.

Take a little break guys. I’ve had the L2 books sitting on a shelf for 4 months and have not had the courage to look through them quite yet. Looking to start early January.

I am also waiting to see my results to see how effective my studying was. That will help me determine the appropriate studying strategy for L2 (or L1 if my strategy wasn’t so effective).

You mean the CFAI books, or 3rd party study materials? If CFAI, how did you get them? Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take a little break guys. I’ve had the L2 books > sitting on a shelf for 4 months and have not had > the courage to look through them quite yet. > Looking to start early January.

I’ll wait for my test results…

Bexter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d like to have a look through the books to see > what its like, just out of interest. Not 100% > confident about that exam, but would be good to > know what’s expected in the next one, just in > case. are you gonna give it a 4th try if you failed again?

You can get CFAI material in ebay… people who registered are selling them because they are not taking the exam due to various reasons

saminathan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can get CFAI material in ebay… people who > registered are selling them because they are not > taking the exam due to various reasons you’d have to buy it again when you do sign up, stupid to buy the books twice just for 1 month

I may buy the Schweser and begin in early January. For now I’m going to take a little break.

Is there a Schewser pdf version for Level 2 ?

dahcrap, does a pdf version exist on the web ? Yes But forum rules --> Can’t say where

Robert A Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You mean the CFAI books, or 3rd party study > materials? If CFAI, how did you get them? > > Chuckrox8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Take a little break guys. I’ve had the L2 > books > > sitting on a shelf for 4 months and have not > had > > the courage to look through them quite yet. > > Looking to start early January. I took L1 in June and registered back in Sept

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you’d have to buy it again when you do sign up, > stupid to buy the books twice just for 1 month Schweser sent me a mailing that says you can order the level 2 material to start prepping and then if you end up failing L1 you can switch the L2material out for the new level 1 stuff. I think I’m going to do that since my work will pay for it. If I was faced with the option of having to pay for it on my own on faith I’d probably wait though.