Level 2 Retakers - 2010 more quantitative?

I thought this year’s exam is way more quantitative than the 2009 exam. There were more questions in the cases that required computation this year. What do you think?

Definitely. I used my calculator a lot.

Agree Particularly in Equity.

when i glanced thru the afternoon exam, i wanted to slap someone. the last two item sets were nothing but numbers!

was it more or less challenging than 2009?

More quantitative, perhaps. I thought far less challenging than 2009.

Can’t agree more. After failing band 8 last year, I thought I had memorized too much and focused more on the formulas as opposed to understanding the material conceptually. I thought to myself last year “Are we ever going to use our calculators?” BAM - fast forward to Saturday. I couldn’t put that sucker down. This exam was quantitative all the way. On average 4 out of 6 questions on every vignette was a formula. Some were even 6 of 6. No one of knowing what you’ll get. I just hope I did well enough to not be back a 3rd time.

Yeap Waaaaay more Quantitative…i think same diff. level

you cant compare the difficulty of 2009, & 2010 because chances are you studied harder for 2010 so it will surely seem easier. i actually believe that 2009 was easier even though i was twice as prepared for the 2010 exam… now thats a scary thing ! hope i don’t band ten again

TexasInstruments Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you cant compare the difficulty of 2009, & 2010 > because chances are you studied harder for 2010 so > it will surely seem easier. i actually believe > that 2009 was easier even though i was twice as > prepared for the 2010 exam… now thats a scary > thing ! hope i don’t band ten again One of the smartest things I’ve read on these forums. Almost every single post for every exam has people who got Band 10 last year saying how much easier the exam was this time around. If you have an extra year to learn the exam is probably going to seem a lot easier the second time around. It wouldn’t be a big deal but we have all of the band 10 people (especilly on the level 1 forum) going around talking about how June was 3 times as easy as December and they’re talking about how the MPS is going to be 90% this time around… which is clearly inaccurate.

kochunni69 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agree Particularly in Equity. Equity was miserable. Out of 24 questions there were maybe 5 that did not require a calculation. Anyone that didn’t know their equity formulas cold got bent over.

Thought it was a lot more quantitative too. I was thinking it would be 60/40cal but it seems like a lot more maybe even the other way 60cal/40? Funny I was trying to understand more miscellaneous concepts and ideas thinking there’s a better chance of qualitative questions, then you get a snowball of number crunching…haha I can hear them saying “got-cha-sucker!” lol

Nep-hi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Funny I was trying to understand more > miscellaneous concepts and ideas thinking there’s > a better chance of qualitative questions, then you > get a snowball of number crunching…haha I can > hear them saying “got-cha-sucker!” lol same here :-/

TexasInstruments Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you cant compare the difficulty of 2009, & 2010 > because chances are you studied harder for 2010 so > it will surely seem easier. i actually believe > that 2009 was easier even though i was twice as > prepared for the 2010 exam… now thats a scary > thing ! hope i don’t band ten again I thought 2010 was easier, but it’s because I studied like a madman this yr. But now thinking about it, this year was much more quant then last year which suggests it should have been harder.