Level 2 vs level 1

Anyone else feel that level 2 material makes it seem like a 1st grader could have passed level 1?

No I thought level 1 was pretty hard. An average of 65% of the people who take the test fail. Stop being an arrogant ass hole.

Most L1 people fail because they just want a CFA Candidate on their resume, or probably approach it with half-assed attitude. L2 and L3 have higher passing rates usually due to the fact that people are indeed working hard to achieve their CFA designation.

for your first assertion you have no statistical evidence to back that up.

I’m not saying level 1 was easy, what I’m trying to say is that the level 2 material just seems so much more difficult I don’t see how I am going to pass giving myself 5-6 months to study

holland8503 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not saying level 1 was easy, what I’m trying > to say is that the level 2 material just seems so > much more difficult I don’t see how I am going to > pass giving myself 5-6 months to study I agree with you. Maybe it would ease some people’s feelings to say level 1 was “relatively easy”

BCEagle10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No I thought level 1 was pretty hard. An average > of 65% of the people who take the test fail. Stop > being an arrogant ass hole. yeah, me too, fools

L1 was hard in an introductory kind of way… L2 is like your in the middle of ocean without a lifeboat and you better learn how to swim!

L2 is definitely more “in depth” than L1. However, the material itself is not rocket science. There is just an abundance of material so it is easy to make mistakes that would not be made if each section was tested by itself.

well said

I aggree with thommo77…it isn’t rocket science at all…but the amount of material needed to be understood for a single exam can be overwhelming. Personally, I found Level 1 just as difficult because it was my first exposure to the CFAI’s way of presenting materials and some of the topics. Not to say the Level 1 material itself is harder, but that at Level 2 we already got past that initial learning curve.

Level 2 is hard because only 41% of the people who passed level 1 pass level 2.

I also feel humbled studying for Level 2 after taking Level 1. I can’t believe how hard I initially thought Level 1 was, now it seems like child’s play by comparison. Thus far though, I’m not deterred. I probably studied way harder for level 1 than I needed to but I think that was good prep for passing level 2. We’ll see how I feel come exam day.