Level 3 43 readings this year compared to 47 last year

level 3 just got easier.

LOL

me.tega Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL I second this.

I imagine that there isn’t much of change save for consolidating several of the behavioral finance readings that were 5 to 10 pages each. I thought it was silly to have such short readings last year and imagine that the institute probably thought so too.

Maybe; I’d be curious to know from some newly-minted Level 3 candidate who’s already downloaded the electronic curriculum what the titles of the 43 readings are.

gjertsen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe; I’d be curious to know from some > newly-minted Level 3 candidate who’s already > downloaded the electronic curriculum what the > titles of the 43 readings are. all the readings are available on the website.

look at finquiz - they published the changes 2011 vs 2012

No comment until after Aug 16.

The number of readings does not matter. There was a question I saw on the AM IPS section that was based on a particular paragraph in the curriculum and I had no clue what they were talking about. I probably said 50 WTFs under my breath while writing my best. I went back to the book and re-read the paragraph and the WTFs increased to 75 because even if I had the book right in front of my I wouldn’t be sure if I got the answer cold. Point: If CFAI reduces the number of readings to 15, they can still screw you over about 15 times 7 times…

dialing4dollars Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I imagine that there isn’t much of change save for > consolidating several of the behavioral finance > readings that were 5 to 10 pages each. I thought > it was silly to have such short readings last year > and imagine that the institute probably thought so > too. +1 I bet it was more than 10 pages of wasteful overlapping concepts with similar wordings. pyramid and DC(kind of an overlap with generic behavioral finance), goals-based investing(contradicting WTF), alpha hunter beta crabs(they could have been explained in only 1 page), laundry lists in SS29 have been removed too(not sure if it’s just a shortened LOS, but memorizing the lists was painful).

me.tega Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The number of readings does not matter. There was > a question I saw on the AM IPS section that was > based on a particular paragraph in the curriculum > and I had no clue what they were talking about. I > probably said 50 WTFs under my breath while > writing my best. I went back to the book and > re-read the paragraph and the WTFs increased to 75 > because even if I had the book right in front of > my I wouldn’t be sure if I got the answer cold. > > Point: If CFAI reduces the number of readings to > 15, they can still screw you over about 15 times 7 > times… +1

some readings in 2010 were only a few pages long though…so whatever