Level 3, Study notes+CFA text book or just ...

Hi Fellow CFA Candidates, Heartiest Congrats to all who passed level 3 and preparing to get their charter this fall!!! And for those who did not, have a couple of shots and start getting ready for next autumn… I myself clreared Level 2 this June and would like to ask your profesional opinion (both of the teams) on how would you recommend to proceed. Study notes ? or combination? I would greatly apprciate your input. Many thanks

You are a winner, really! Answer is in the link below. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1181173

Thanks Agida for your warm words and the link. PS: Actually this nick came to my mind when I started my CFA program some time ago… ))) I am from Dubai, where do you come from?

Mike- L2 is a hard exam to pass. Congratulations! Study notes?! - Make sure you get a lot of practice exams and get a good understanding of the L3exam early in your preparation. One way L3 significantly differ from the other levels is the written AM section. The best way to prepare for this is in addition to the regular thorough preparation get a lot of real-time exam writing practice. I did not get enough of that and I ran out of time in the AM section and could not complete answers I knew very well. And this did not help my confidence level for the rest of the exam. The key with the AM section is to give succinct yet complete answers. This can be a learnt skill for most people. I even recommended getting a real-feel for the AM section by taking sample questions and comparing answers and have a plan on how to tackle the AM section months before the final exam in June. Again L3 is different from the other two levels the earlier you internalize it the better. All the Best!

Mikewinner Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Fellow CFA Candidates, > Heartiest Congrats to all who passed level 3 and > preparing to get their charter this fall!!! > And for those who did not, have a couple of shots > and start getting ready for next autumn… > > I myself clreared Level 2 this June and would like > to ask your profesional opinion (both of the > teams) on how would you recommend to proceed. > Study notes ? or combination? > I would greatly apprciate your input. > > Many thanks Firstly – we havent gotten results yet. Second – I dont think we know what works until we get our results… ask again in a few weeks. Congrats on LII – it was a bear and you should be proud.