Level 3 with MSc finance

Thanks guys for ur useful input diehard and mr_moose - I guess you guys have a point … I think I will go for that

Job+CFA harder than MSc+CFA so it should be fine.

i would argue with that… firstly, it depends on the job… if it deals with capital markets and portfolio management, it’s true… secondly, most of the jobs do not involve a lot of academical knowledge, but MSC does… so when you do both, your brain and memory may get overloaded with academical knowledge, while in a job+CFA case it may not!

2 Omar: I am saying this cuz I’ve failed my 2nd lvl while taking MSC in finance in 2009. And the reason obviously was that my final exams were just in the middle of May… so…

It depends on what you are like around exam time and how wasted you feel after them. After my MSc exams I was wasted. The idea of picking myself up and hitting another exam hard then would tip me over the edge. Hedonic editing etc, I guess :slight_smile:

diehard: I do agree with ya ! You can get the perfect job to study your CFA, like something leting you have lot of time at work during the day. I experienced both kind of job while studying CFA exams: 1- I passed level 1 and 2 while working as a Portfolio Manager assistant and my gad, Level 2+Job killed me 2- Then i decided to experience a more peaceful job with lot of free time (IT business analyst) and prepared L3. No comparaison with above experience! I could sometimes study my CFA during the whole work day being paid ! Amazing ^^

yeah, that’s how i passed my 1st lvl ))))

Second thoughts …

no, stop bumping the thread

by second thoughts I meant that I’m having second thoughts now lol

so dramatic…before you pass your test or get your 4.0 stop being so insecure. go in and ace both. good luck

Quite fortunate so many of you are able to pull that kind of study time and not have to support yourself >_< Big difference for many of us but if you can handle the load DO IT!!! You have no reason not to. Omar, if you read this I’ve heard quite a bit about your L1 notes and would be very grateful if you were to share them with 1 more user. I don’t know how to directly message you so this is my attempt. Let me know bud and good luck on the L3!

hey omar, i suggest you do something with a little less overlap with the CFA material, in general most master in finance courses have a lot of overlap with CFA, i myself have a postgrad diploma in finance and was asked in an interview why i pursued both the CFA and the postgrad course, the interviewer hinted that one would have sufficed since they are similar in content. the only reason why i would think a master in finance would be beneficial would be if you are more interested in the theoretical underpinnings of many of the tools we use. I would suggest you do a master in financial engineering, or an MBA, anything that has less overlap. good luck dude.