Level I - Sep 2010

Anyone for September Level I… Has anyone started prep…!!

Nothing yet!

Just got my schweser for level 1. Still shrunk wrapped as of now. But glanced thro 2009’s and found the schweser format very similar to the CFA’s. So at least, i think I’m on familiar grounds.

about how long does studying take for Level 1?

I-83, I spent about 100 hours on CAIA L1 over six-week period. Passed.

Just wrote CFA Level III and was thinking about CAIA to kind of cool down a bit. Didn’t order the books yet as I am waiting for confirmation from my employer that he is supporting that puppy as well. Any experience on how many hours are sufficient and if it is ok to solely rely on Schweser like with CFA? Pass rates seem to have tightend up.

I’ve begun studying. I’ve read the material through once just to see how in over my head I am. I found the schweser material to be a lot of trivia and not a lot of difficult fundamental concepts (like the CFA exam)

Just got my CAIA books (not Schweser)… Started ‘browsing’ through it… only 600 pages… I’ll probably read it twice (July and August) and take some practice exams! So far I’m NOT seeing anything too difficult (relative to CFA L1 & II ofcourse)…

@CHickenTikka As you have Schweser can u tell me how many pages/books CAIA L1 has. As of now I think I will go with Schweser but I would also think about another package if there is something else aroung @MBA Graduate 600 pages is the whole curriculum? What study material provider are u using? And how much $$ is that package.

Any packages I can pick up at a reasonable rate? Schweser is pretty expensive. I don’t need to spend another 900 bucks or whatever rediculousness I just spent. Schweser is 2 books: 300 pages and 180 pages approximately.

Butterich Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @CHickenTikka > > As you have Schweser can u tell me how many > pages/books CAIA L1 has. As of now I think I will > go with Schweser but I would also think about > another package if there is something else aroung > > @MBA Graduate > > 600 pages is the whole curriculum? What study > material provider are u using? And how much $$ is > that package. I’m using the CAIA series by Mark Anson. To reiterate, the book is ~600 pages and the Standard of practice handbook (CFA Institute) is ~160 pages. Seeing I read the CFAI curriculum for L2, I will probably browse through the Ethics section for the CAIA exam (which I suspect is the same as the CFAI Ethics book give or take some areas)

Is there any difference between the core readings for March 2010 and September 2010 exam?

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered the cheapest package from Schweser nd hope that fits to pass that puppy.

@anupamjain008 No, there isn’t - the only difference there may be is on the study guide.

Thanks.