Level II app and Schweser notes

Greetings all,

I have appeared for CFA Level I this June. I wish to start preparation for Level II soon since I have personal commitments from Jan to May 2016 during which I might not be able to study a lot. I used the CFA Level I app along with Schewer Notes for Level I. So my questions:

1. How can I use the app to show me CFA Institute level 2 syllabus? Will this only be possible after I register or can I do it anyways? If yes, how?

2. Are Schweser notes for 2016 June exam already avaliable? If no, when can I expect the same? Also, I have a few friends who appeared for Level 2 in June 2013. Is the syllabus from that year same or at least very very similar? Obviously I will be buying my own set when it is released but until then is it ok to use 2013 books?

Jeebus man, take a break and get a life already.

You will only be able to access the Level 2 materials (including the app) after you register for the exam with CFAI. Schweser notes won’t be out for a few months I think. Relying on Schweser notes that are 3 years old may be risky. If you’re starting early, I would recommend using CFAI materials.

But if you cannot study much between Jan and May 2016 (the most critical time), it’s likely to be difficult for you.