Level II Exam Mar 2019 - how did it go??

yea I saw these little things changes here and there on my CAIA website as well in the past 5mins. should be in today anytime from now.

Same for me, congrats :wink:

I see a “Join Membership” option in my CAIA profile. I hope it is a good sign :slight_smile:

Able to join and complete - still waiting for the results to post under my profile.

Posted - higher in most

Stronger in Structure Products … wooo

also the results are out under the my exam info!

Hi AnalystinAM - quick question , difficulty wise how did CAIA L2 compare to CFA L2?

Passed!

passed. I am a prophet or some sort in the past hour.

Congrats to all who passed!

In my opionion it is more difficult. The concepts are more deep. Still if you put on the hours you’ll pass.

Which is more difficult?

Passed! Now for the following part, in order to become a member, they require USD 350 for 1 year. I was under the impression that the first year was supposed to be for free?

Never mind, it is not for free :slight_smile:

Passed!

Generally in these forums most posts are people who passed. This of course is natural reaction . A positive is always more pleasant than a negative to discuss. But I am here to post I did not pass. The real question is why ?

Some background .

i came in from the CFA exemption from level 1 CAIA

used Schweser premium prep review course

300 + hours of study ( yes I tracked every minute)

had 70 percent or more on all review exams

I have multiple other certifications all passed on the first try

My thoughts

CAIA exam questions were very Cryptic in the way they asked the questions. Of all my certifications the test taking ability vs material knowledge was the greatest differential I have ever seen

The essay outside of the ethics were especially cryptic in the exam question design

appears very little curving with pass rate at 69 percent

Not to dissuade those looking to sit for the CAIA exam but effort and knowledge of the learning outcome was there but in my case did not produce the desired result

@SeekingAlpha Been there. Was there exactly this time last year. If you do consider taking Level 2 again, here is something that helped me recover from failing at my first attempt and passing this one: While Schweser got me through Level 1 unscathed and I generally liked the way their books read for my first attempt at Level 2, I used Uppermark for my second attempt at Level 2 and found their question bank was much more similar to the real exam’s questions. It’s all the same material, of course, but something about how Uppermark presented the questions seemed to lead to fewer cryptic sounding questions on test day as compared to my first attempt. Hope that helps and hope you give it another go.

Passed! Congrats to all who passed, I wasn’t expecting to hear about this today!

I think that spending days on the CAIA workbook was the most valuable thing that I did for sure. For anyone taking next cycle/retaking, definitely use that workbook!

I used Schweser but I feel like I learned better at my own pace alongside it. Schweser had some great tools though, especially their slides on the CITs and general classroom slides as a guide for all learning objectives. I strongly feel though if I had not utilised CAIAs own resources, my results could have been very different. In hindsight there’s many things I’d do differently because I feel like I wasted a lot of time on some things but that doesn’t matter now I guess!

The same holds for me @seeking alpha. Did not use Schweser but purely gambled and did not prepare the Constructed Response Questions at all because I was simply not willing to memorize everything by heart from > 8 articles. Unsurprisingly I was not able to score high enough within the other sections to pass. But I agree that how they ask questions is sort of strange. Very little technical knowledge (derivatives) is asked. Disappointing

Apologies to all for the double post above. I wanted to add I will take CAIA level 2 as many times as necessary though my wife and kids may have something to say about that :slightly_smiling_face:. I will have to say I am somewhat dissapointed with Schweser . I of course bear the ultimate responsibility but Schweser has never let me down for past for multiple certifications. Maybe its time to turn the page to uppermark or others …Thanks Mamba for the advice on other providers

Handled.

The topics in general. The depth of the topics in level 2 are more advanced, still is not WAY more difficult but you’ll have to study a little more or read everything with deeper concentration. Thats it. Good luck!