Level II Materials

I am sure this would have been discussed before, but could not find a relevant thread on LII forum. Just passed LI :slight_smile: Wanted to use the opportunity before you guys move to LIII forum with your study experience. Can you guys suggest if we should use material other than CFAI text for L2? If yes, which one - Schweser or Stalla or a third one and is it sufficient for the preparation?

Anyone please?

You have lots of time, why not read the CFAI texts.

I plan to start by November or early Dec. Feels too early to start it now. :slight_smile: Where did you guys study from?

Schweser

CFAI

No – Stalla.

Actually, use the frikking Search function. Please.

starting in Nov or Dec sounds like a good plan. I would start with the CFAI text first and then mix it with the Schweser notes. Do plenty of practice tests, both Schweser and CFAI sample exams and you will be in decent shape. I started in mid Jan.

Started in Feb 2008. 50% chance that it is a good starting date

Garch Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Started in Feb 2008. 50% chance that it is a good > starting date Starting anytime between Nov and Feb gives you the same probability of passing. Wouldnt have mattered when I started, still wouldn’t have gotten those two Balance of Payment questions correct. Not to mention about 30 other questions. Welcome to level II.

with this much time, i would go heavy on the CFA notes, with some schweser, and then probably move to schweser full-time a couple of months ahead of exam… not that you asked, but i will mention anyway. i think derivatives was the one area where schweser really really helped and you have to get into ethics in CFAI. but i’m thinking you can leave ethics till farly late. doing ethics early eventually got me confused as to where i got the different info from (SEC, canadian OSC, CFA etc.).

I used Schweser and passing could go either way. With regard to ethics, don’t read the handbook and ignore the other readings. One of the two ethics vignettes came from one of the alternate readings.

CFAI. Then Schweser practice exams and study notes. Starting now might be excessive. Then again, I would have paid a lot of money on June 6th to have another month to study. I think cozying up with Vol I of CFAI while you’re hungover on new years day would be a good way to start the year. It’s a hard test. Good luck.

I used yahoo only. Found it to be most informative.

amit edge, use schweser or stalla but make sure you use the CFAI textbooks as reference. don’t bother reading everything in the CFAI text. it will just make you go crazy

Thanks to all you guys… I tried searching earlier - but wasnt efficient enough to find what i wanted, kept getting search results from Level I…

amit_edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am sure this would have been discussed before, > but could not find a relevant thread on LII > forum. > > Just passed LI :slight_smile: Wanted to use the opportunity > before you guys move to LIII forum with your study > experience. > > Can you guys suggest if we should use material > other than CFAI text for L2? If yes, which one - > Schweser or Stalla or a third one and is it > sufficient for the preparation? My suggestion is wait until August 19th and ask a person that successfully passed L2, or ask someone in L3. We’re all still waiting for our results, which seem to take too long to mark for scantrons!!!

Schweser sucks. I actually feel that using them hurt my preparation.

Schweser with all CFAI tests/mocks. That will give you plenty of prep.