Level II - Mock Exams?

@sydney guy, you know if they do this in melbourne? What’s the website to see BSAS exam?

Cheers

@UnclePanda, Please contact education@cfa-melbourne.com.au

If you don’t hear back from them, please let me know, and I can contact CFA Society of Sydney for you.

I wish you do well this BSAS mock exam. I took this yesterday and it is my first mock exam. There are lot of errors. I’m now checking the afternoon mock solution, the first 40 questions contain at least 3 wrong answers (for information, in the afternoon exam, I got an easy question which took me 10 minutes because all the 3 multichoice answers are different to my answer, and now I realize that the question is totally wrong).

I dont know how many total errors in this mock. I found this post for BSAS level 3

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91350269

Even I get a score of 84/120 (70%), I have no confidence to this score.

Hey tommy, so you are sitting for level 2 again this summer? I have sort of finished volume 1 of the schweser practice exam and working on the CFA TT topic by topic, some topics are fair but FRA i dont understand whether I am just bad or the questions are way too hard…But the funny thing is I have heard ppl said schweser mocks are too easy and they do CFA TT instead.

This is exactly how I felt after taking Level 1 so I’m hoping that’s still true for this year.

I just got destroyed on the CFAI Mock. AM 50% and PM 60%. A lot of questions were really unclear (especially Ethics) and written like I have never seen them before in the material (Schweser and CFAI).

I will say that the CFAI is much more qualitative and I would agree that after taking Level 1 I found that to be very accurate to the actual exam. I remember not having to use my calculator nearly as much as I did for some mock exams.

What were you scoring on the Schweser mocks before the exam? I’m at 60-65% right now and trying to get above 70%.

I’d agree with you on the mock. I took on Saturday and some of the information was different to what I read in curriculum. My average was around 68%. Hope for the best

last year i never cracked 60% on a full mock. I took only two mocks and both were in high 50s. taking only two mocks was another problem of mine, thats not enough.

high 50s is band 8/9. low 60s is prob band 10.

There is much speculation each year, and i guarantee you throughout June after the exam there will be at least 4 “what do you think the MPS will be?” posts per day. fact is the MPS is typically around 62-64% this is why people say 2/3 correct answers is a comfortable pass.

I think to be safe we all need to be scoring high 60s with some low 70s sprinked in.

Well it’s mean a minimum of 80 questions right which I think is doable. Even if I still need to work more :slight_smile:

Anyone else think the Schweser mock (physical, live mock) was ridiculously difficult?

Any thoughts of IFT Mocks?

I just finished the AM Mock and I totally agree - many questions seemed unclear and vague. And that’s after I have done all the topic tests on the CFAI website which, in aggregate, I have done rather well. The difficulty of the mock was starkly different than that of the topic tests IMHO.

I took the CFAI mock and got 70 on the AM and 63 on PM. It did have a different feel than the Schweser mocks though my score was pretty similar to what I’ve been getting on the six Schweser tests. I keep getting mid-high 60’s, can’t break 70. Taking the live mock on Saturday. I’m wondering if I should do more mocks or just topic tests for the final few weeks.

I took there 2 mocks. Easy and questions were picked from past mocks and quizzes and cfa TT

I did CFA AM mock and I did 65%.

It was completely different from schweser mocks, in particular the Financial reporting part which was really difficult to understand (written in a tricky and for non english mother tongue difficult to understand). I did very badly in this topic (5/12) where on Schwesere I am constantly around 75%.

Derivatives where easy, much easier than schweser and TT.

In the end the score of the AM is more or less in line with schweser (were I am around 68-70%), but it confirms what is my opinion. It depends on what questions you got. In fact, normally with schweser I do much better in FRA and worse in Derivatives, now with CFA mock was exactly the opposite.

I have difficulties by memorizing formulas like Ibbotson GGM,… cant^t get in the top of it.

Ok, I am on those too, but I wanted to better understand how they compare to TTs and CFAI mocks. But their construction is as you said, it should cover.

Practice mocks at IFT are excellent - 3 full exams for $75