Level II panic attack!

Hi, thanks all for your advice. I started today with the Quant and it appears very basic so far. I know I should work harder. I also plan to go for a 6-day vacation fairly soon…which won’t make it easier. But I still feel I can pass if I can somehow put in 250 hrs. I might think of studying early mornings and late nights to get things done when the going gets tough… clama: I didn’t have any finance background, never took a finance/econ course in school/college. However, I was able to pass level I after studying for 2.5 months. So if you think I will help you with the passing curve you are damn wrong :slight_smile: Best of luck to you all as well!

FastEd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve heard strong arugments against “Christmas > Treeing” answers in multiple choice. In fact, > some people feel the best answer to guess is C. > You may get some answers right where the Christmas > tree method may just results in 0 correct answers. > Of course, hopefully all of us have studied > enough so that we are not forced to guess C in > every instance… Ahhhh… but that presumes that th CFAI wouldn’t have a series of (6 or seven) questions in a row all with the same answer – which they most certainly would (or at least they wouldn’t make any effort to avoid such a situation). This is because all the multiple choice answers are listed in length or size order and they just let the correct answer fall where it will.

If each answer has a 25% chance of being right, it doesn’t matter which one you select…12 ‘Cs’ in a row or A B C D A B C D etc.

from what I can tell l1 favors quant while l2 steps it up much more in terms of finance (look at the topic weights). So pushing through l1 in 2.5 months (alot of people myself included have done it in under 2 months so no big deal there) and using that to justify slacking given your lack of financial background could be an unforgiving mistake given the one year wait until next year. It could very easily be you who turn out “to be damn wrong” bro-usman.

any returning candidates in here…who are also AGAIN panicking???

Hey buddy, You got 65 weekdays (130 hrs) and 12 weekends (120 hrs) Just give a start, maintain the continuity and you will see it though.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > from what I can tell l1 favors quant while l2 > steps it up much more in terms of finance (look at > the topic weights). So pushing through l1 in 2.5 > months (alot of people myself included have done > it in under 2 months so no big deal there) and > using that to justify slacking given your lack of > financial background could be an unforgiving > mistake given the one year wait until next year. > It could very easily be you who turn out “to be > damn wrong” bro-usman. The one-year wait…tell me about it…

Black Swan: I understand your concern. I am not trying to justify- I know I should have started earlier (full stop). But I do aim to put in a lot of effort. I still believe I can do it. Aksanghvi great plan! I will use some of work annual leave as well so hopfully should clock 250 hrs!

I think I am in denial.

Could you useful if CFA had decided to change it’s multiple choice options to yes/no but I’m afraid you’ll have to pick between A,B,C or D. Denial won’t help you here…

Yes/No dose make more sense. To make this a bit more challenging they should also introduce two other options. I propose the following: True - 1 mark for correct answer False - Again 1 mark for correct answer Maybe - ½ mark, because you are half correct Maybe not - ½ mark, because you are half correct again This should help solve the chronic failure record.

tell me guys … can I take it in 6-7 weeks? I have done Level 1 in Dec07 and would have 47-52 days fulltime for Level 2. Ideas?

6 (weeks) x 7 (days) x 6 (hours/day) = 252 hours need I go into more detail?

ya you can pass… actually L2 isnt that hard… jus do ur best !

Ok … Im in the boat! Well have some work. But this forum did a lot for me (L1 Dec. 07).

I wouldn’t say L2 isnt’ hard… but it isn’t impossible … go for it! Assuming you can put in in the 6 * 7 * 6 hours :slight_smile: