Level II panic attack!

Hi, After passing in Level I December, I somehow went into hybernation and only realised just a few days back that I haven’t even started studying for Level II! I am kind of unsure what to do. I know I should have started a month earlier but can I still pass?

I’m getting a veal parm for lunch today…I can’t wait.

I still have these dreams that I show up for my high school chemistry final exam without studying. I’m usually just wearing underwear. It’s awful.

I’m with you bro. Just calculated that I only have 94 days left to study… say two hours per day on average which makes only 188 hours. Perhaps I can do some extra work in the weekends, say 6 hours which makes only 78 hours or 266 hours. Then thinking of the last week where I have five days off and only some 8 hours to study that week, 40 hours is just a little over 300 hours. Hm…

Don’t sweat it man, it’s all true false anyways. ^ | | Thought I should clarify I was not serious.

Don’t panic, you have ample time… I started studying like a week after I got my L1 results back in January. I had a lot of free time (i.e. no job) and after 4 or 5 weeks I realized I had already covered over half the material. So I took a week off and I will probably start to study again today. You will find the material is 300 pages less than L1 and maybe about 15-20% is a repeat of L1 concepts so you can breeze through a lot of sections (i.e. ethics, economics, corporate finance, derivatives, and probably others). Assuming you don’t have an 11 hour a day job go for it.

I haven’t started studying yet either. My panic is in check.

I wouldn’t say I’m panicked (I was certainly more worried about level 1, that’s for sure). I wrote for Level 1 in Dec, passed and started immediately after I got my results. I’m a little behind but I feel like if I was 100% motivated, I could do what I’ve done already in half the time. So, I think you can start now and be okay if you put extra time in. Me not being panicked kind of worries me. I’m sure I will be by next month. Good luck! Everyone’s pretty nice here when it comes to answering even the most basic questions, so don’t be afraid to ask.

Panic gets you moving, I could use a dose. Pension accounting bored me off my schedule.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Panic gets you moving, I could use a dose. Pension > accounting bored me off my schedule. AMEN. It took me almost two weeks to finish pension acctg. Can’t have that luxury for everything though…at least manipulating financial statements/fraud is a little better…

I’m starting to feel like I might become one of those returning candidates in 2009.

if you -haven’t started studying, -and if you have never taken finance classes -and if you dont work with this stuff, -and if you dont turn out to be one of those lucky bastar%S come game day, then you’re screwed,so pack it in and go for LII in june 09

actually … haver you already registered? If so, do everyone studying for this thing a BIG favor by showing up on June 7, sit for the whole 6 hrs. That will give you practice for 2009, and who knows … maybe CFA will feel sorry for you and cut you a break or give you a reality check. Either way, it can’t hurt if you’ve already paid your dues, you get the practice and help everyone else with the passing curve.

panic helps…it’s good to panic now…get moving.

no worries dude, just apply yourself for the next 90 days… I haev only ready Schweser Quant & Econ so far…of which Time series analysis I have to read again…so lets all just take a breather and hit the books…

I agree with N.VanCandidate dude…just try to murder the books these last 90 whatever days… I’ve only done ethics, most of quant and 2 study sessions from equity only so far-but i’ve got 30 days off just before the exam so planning on getting like 180 hrs at least in in that time, plus the next 2 months… So just keep at it…and maybe pray a little harder at night :slight_smile:

Sorry to be the negative one, but the really panic attack starts when you are in the exam and you see a vignette that looks nothing like anything you have ever seen in your life.

“Sorry to be the negative one, but the really panic attack starts when you are in the exam and you see a vignette that looks nothing like anything you have ever seen in your life.” That’s when you go to your happy place and pick, B, D, C, A. Done.

I’ve heard strong arugments against “Christmas Treeing” answers in multiple choice. In fact, some people feel the best answer to guess is C. You may get some answers right where the Christmas tree method may just results in 0 correct answers. Of course, hopefully all of us have studied enough so that we are not forced to guess C in every instance…

Good advice.