Level II - Prep - Need Feedback

Hi all, this is my first post on AF. I checked the website almost everyday for Level I and found this to be one of the main reasons for me passing. I’ve started studying for Level II however I’m a little insecure about my approach. Any feedback/suggestions/criticism would really help me. My plan is to read the entire curriculm & take notes as a first pass on all the material. I am not doing any end of chapter or Schweser Pro Qbank questions just yet. I’m hoping to be done with the first pass by end of January. For a second time around I am using the schweser 16 week online class. at which point I will spend the week reviewing notes and answering questions in the books & the Question Bank. I am hoping to attend the Schweser 3 day review seminar mid May. and then just practice exams until June 6th. My approach for Level I was extremely unsophisticated and I know that I will not pass Level II unless I have some sort of timeline in place. I have complete the Ethics/Quant/Econ/FSA readings as of yesterday. I’m hoping I can get through the rest of the curriculm by end of January. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I think you should do the end of chapter questions, they really help burn the material into your memory. Otherwise you will find yourself reading the whole curriculum and not remembering most of it.

trek7000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you should do the end of chapter > questions, they really help burn the material into > your memory. Otherwise you will find yourself > reading the whole curriculum and not remembering > most of it. i second that. i too will recommend doing end of chapter question as a quick review to see if you grasp all the concepts per chapter.

i would do schweser reading first. then you can do the CFA reading much, much more quickly… this whole “because i read the CFA once or twice” i’ll have seen everything is so over-rated. yes, you read some obscure fact 5 months before the exam. that won’t help exam day (sorry, not directed at OP or any response). better to get foundation with schweser and then nit-pick the CFA later.

my approach is similar to yours, although i am doing the end of the chapter questions, just not the “challenge questions.” I am not spending too much time on it if i dont know it just yet. more or less reading and taking notes and trying to get a broad overview of all the material before i go back and start really learning the LOS’s. doing the questions though can only help IMHO.

Great! Thanks for the feedback guys. I will start working on the end of chapter questions… I agree doing the questions will only help.