LIBOR

How should I respond to my boss asking for 30yr LIBOR rates?

ryguy904, did you get the email i sent you a while back?? why no reply?

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ryguy904, did you get the email i sent you a while > back?? why no reply? Hey numi - I apoliogize for not getting back to you. I don’t have access to personal email from the office and honestly haven’t checked it in ~2 weeks. I’ll check when I get home tonight. And by the way, I HIGHLY valued your opinions, insight, and recommendations. Cheers

ok cool was just curious about the outcome of things…feel free to drop me a note whenever you are free. thanks!

ryguy904 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How should I respond to my boss asking for 30yr > LIBOR rates? He probably means something like 30-yr swap rate. If he means something like 30-yr LIBOR spot you could bootstrap it (sort-of) from swaps data. I’ve never traded it but 30-yr swaps are liquid and quoted in lots of places.

Or he could be an idiot. Don’t discount this possibility.

OldSchool Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Or he could be an idiot. Don’t discount this > possibility. That is for sure. I was hoping to come up with a witty reply. Leave it to JoeyD to have an answer on this. I appreciate the comment. I’m not sure my boss knows what a swap is either :wink:

I would respond by saying 4.74%, which is the 30 year swap rate. I’d imagine that’s what he is talking about as the swap curve is commonly used to price bonds on a libor basis. EDIT: I see JDV has you covered. Or maybe the guy is a moron.