LIF0 - FIFO qurey in cfa text book reading 35(question4)

Dear All, i am having extreme difficulty in understand where these figures come from? the question is from cfa text book fsa section reading 35 question 4.c.2 and 4.c.3 when i look at solution on A-18 Cost of good sold for Faybech is 53,675(i fail to understand where does this figure come from) also lifo cogs for zenab is 61943( where does this figure comes) kindly help me in solving this problem many thanks ambar

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,703133,703393#msg-703393

also check the new errata list

hi, many thanks , still confused how did 53,675 comes from? thanks in advance ambar

I dont have the book in front of me but I think I remember that problem. In the footnotes I beleive they say that they already have x inventory on hand so make sure you are using that in your calcualtions.

level1_dec Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dear All, > > > i am having extreme difficulty in understand where > these figures come from? > > the question is from cfa text book fsa section > reading 35 question 4.c.2 and 4.c.3 > > when i look at solution on A-18 > > Cost of good sold for Faybech is 53,675(i fail to > understand where does this figure come from) > > also lifo cogs for zenab is 61943( where does this > figure comes) > > > kindly help me in solving this problem > > many thanks > ambar Ah yes the FSA questions in the CFAI text. I use to stare at them for 30min while getting nowhere closer to understanding what the hell happened. I wouldn’t waste your time with this. Unless you do these type of intensive problems on a regular basis, your not even going to remember how to do what they did.

This is the worst question in the entire series.

That question is bad. I got it almost right, except for the 53,675. Given that they have a long list of errata items for this question I eventually decided its not worth my time.

Hi egal and ALL, MANY THANKS for all your replies and efforts. i will be very intrested in finding out what other questions you had the same kind of difficiluty. may be we could build a list of these tough questions and concentrate more on these

Since I am basically studying on my own (No study group in Zurich ATM I know of), I love the idea. If you let me know some mails I could invite to a Google Docs spread-sheet containing my current thinking. Maybe someone else can put in the magic pieces still missing…

Hi Egal my email is amabrishsingh@yahoo.com