Life after L1...advice?

I just wrote L1 this past Sat, so I did a little searching around on this forum to see what to do next (besides L2 of course), such as job hunting, other exams, qualifications etc, and I found this FRM exam, and I went to their site and did a bit of reading, Financial Risk Management exam, is that strictly for Risk Management? Does it add any value to investment research? My only concern is too many certifications in different areas may come across as a lack of commitment… At this point, I don’t have anything related to finance/investment research to put on my resume, even with L1 (assuming I can pass), that’s still very limited…I’m gonna try to call up some recruiters in my area (TO) to see what they can do for me, but I did some job searches on Doostang and various other job search engines and found very few…outside of CFA, is there anything else I should pursue to enhance my profile? I’m planning to do an MBA after I finish all the CFA exams, I read a lot of posts on here yesterday suggesting MBA as a great value adder to one’s profile.

I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to get wasted after level I for like 3 or four weeks, enjoy all the holiday parties, catch up with neglected friends/associates etc. and most important of all, since I believe you said you’re in TO…say hello to your real friends at the 'rail.

if you are in Toronto you should get tickets to the international bowl to watch RU play ball state

well, you can’t get wasted at work… and at work, I can’t resist the temptation of this forum…

didn’t NFL announce the bills will play a couple of their home games here next year? that’d be awesome to watch in attendance

“well, you can’t get wasted at work…” I would quit.

liaaba Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > well, you can’t get wasted at work… > sure you can…when you’re at the last day at your current job, might as well live it up. that way you can really go out with a bang and leave an indelible impression on all your colleagues who were too preoccupied with being unnecessarily sober for their entire lives.

At one of my previous coop workplace, they had a small fridge full of beer in one of the supervisor’s cubical, that was awesome, I don’t think anyone was sober at work…

Are you at a coop now?

no no, that was a few years ago man, coop was fun though, especially when you work away from home

seriously though, any thoughts on my original post?

What’s your undergrad?

computer engineering…ya, another engineer…

true fact the Bills are playing in T.O. next year Honestley, if you feel you passed on Sat, start studying for Level II after the holidays before you get your mark back. That’s what I did, and I’m happy because I passed LII in June, but not with flying colors or anything. If you still have the finance bug, get a sub to the WSJ and FT and read it every night, keep up with things, screw the FRM. If you end up in RM some day maybe think about it. Until Jan 2, I’d be catching up with old friends, family, and most of all letting my liver know who’s boss again!

thanks for the advice CFA_Halifax ya, that was my plan too, start studying for L2 before the results, and if I don’t pass, then register for L1 again in June… but ya, what good is christmas and new yr without some good partying

I second Halifax’s statement about reading the WSJ and FT. I would also start networking through informational interviews.

why level 2 already… can u withstand another 4 month of social solitude???

I wish they sent the lions to TO instead of the bills. the less people here watch the lions play, the better our city will be.

dieselbp67 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if you are in Toronto you should get tickets to > the international bowl to watch RU play ball state Go Ball State!!

“and most important of all, since I believe you said you’re in TO…say hello to your real friends at the 'rail.” Am I really the first one to pick up on this? Great post bro.