LII passed, suggestions needed from Level III candidates!

First off, good luck to your Level III exam results! While you are waiting for your results, would you like to give me some advice on acing Level III next year? Here is my breakdown from Level II. Which topic areas does Level III cover? Given my strenths and weaknesses, how would you study for Level III in 2012? Thanks. CFA Level II Exam Result: Pass Result Analysis: Total Correct Wrong Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 06 4 (2) - Alternative Investments 18 - * - 12 7-8 (4-5) - Corporate Finance 36 - * - 12 0-5 (7-12) - Derivatives 36 * - - 06 4 (2) - Economics 18 - * - 24 13-16 (8-11) - Equity Investments 72 - * - 12 9-12 (0-3) - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * 24 17-24 (0-7) - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * 12 7-8 (4-5) - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - 06 0-3 (3-6) - Portfolio Management 18 * - - 06 5-6 (0-1) - Quantitative Methods 18 - - * Stats: Lowest possible correct answers: 66 (55%) Highest possible correct answers: 90 (75%) Mean score: 65%

yeah brah, go get a life for the next 6 months.

whoa whoa whoa… they actually tell you your score now??? Can someone confirm this?

Nah, he’s just calculated it based on the three ranges and where he placed in the ten groupings.

Best wishes but no advice until after 8/16 on passing since that would be a bit premature.

yea way to be a leech as youre intro to the new forum also, you posted your score here why? its not even an impressive grid or anything IMO

Given that L3 is mostly portfolio management and you were < 50% on PM…I would start there!

Except PM@ L3 has pretty much almost nothing to do with PM @L2. Almost.

And, Since PM is over 50% of the LIII material telling someone to start there is like saying read the even pages first…

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah brah, go get a life for the next 6 months. hahaha this is a great response. I plan on doing just that

My advice : start IMMEDIATELY. you can use old material from anywhere but dont waste time

and here they are - welcome new L3 candidates you made it to the big leagues, now celebrate and forget about L3 until the fall

L3 is whole different beast. L2 is a huge accomplishment. But your strategy for L3 must be based upon a completely different approach. The good news is…you have a whole year to worry about it! Go get drunk tonight and have sex. Enjoy your L2 success to the fullest! Get CFA stuff off your mind for the next few months…

I take that you must be joking? chrisA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My advice : start IMMEDIATELY. you can use old > material from anywhere but dont waste time

nope, you should have started June 5 for L3 - no time to let up now. Start now or you will regret it!!

mcap11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nope, you should have started June 5 for L3 2013 - no > time to let up now. Start now or you will regret > it!! fixed it for you^

I agree with CardShark. L3 is a different ball game. You have gotten over the L2 hump. Enjoy the rest of the summer and start early in the fall if you choose. L2 curriculum is more difficult but the test format being all MC is advantageous given the answers can job your memory. L3 in the morning session you have to know the material cold. There are no bs answers - just write what they want to hear.

second the others. @OP - take a break, chill out, hit the books on November or December. there is absolutely no point starting now or doing anything CFA related now.

Aye! chrisA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My advice : start IMMEDIATELY. you can use old > material from anywhere but dont waste time

Ah Grasshoppers… lies ahead of you… much preparation! Studying start now or regret it you will… (bonus points if you use a yoda voice to say the above)