Linkedin pet peeve

When someone either asks you to write them a recommendation or they write one for you without being asked. The last thing I need is someone’s grammatically incorrect, spelling-error filled recommendation on my page. Last week some chick that I met all of one time asked me to write something for her on her page. Never mind the fact that I’ve never written anything for anyone.

You posted this in a previous incarnation!

SMIRK iz da awsomest finanshul guy evah. I gives him mah bone-us, and he give me CA$H NOW. - recommendated by bchad, AF

It’s possible, except that I had to express my disbelief that someone I hardly even know and never worked with asked me to write a recommendation for all to see. Like I would put my reputation on the line for that.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SMIRK iz da awsomest finanshul guy evah. I gives > him mah bone-us, and he give me CA$H NOW. > > - recommendated by bchad, AF BTW I’m still waiting for you to accept my FB friends request.

you know you can not show the recommendation

Ever notice how the pictures of the “recruiters” on linkedin are pro model shots many times? I wonder if some of them are even real. Even online guys can be preyed on.

i’ve all but blocked the recruiters i’ve worked with. if they are looking for me, they’ll find me. my profile is open enough.

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s possible, except that I had to express my > disbelief that someone I hardly even know and > never worked with asked me to write a > recommendation for all to see. Like I would put my > reputation on the line for that. They warn you on LinkedIn about accepting people that you don’t know really well. Your reading skills must be lacking. Sorry dude. edit: I smirked. ha.

See Jing Jing Fan