LinkedIn?

Is membership on LinkedIn worth it?

The free stuff works for me fine.

gotten interviews off the free version, but always curious. are you looking for new gig?

yeah I just rock the free stuff, just use it to keep tabs on everyone…

Yes, I’m looking for a job. I’m graduating with an MS Finance degree and I’m a Level 3 candidate.

I’ve had two headhunters (and some guy soliciting financial planning services) contact me off of the free version.

Linkedin is very useful as a personal marketing tool.

i didnt even know there was a section you had to pay for. what do you get for paying that isnt available free?

damn company is valued @ $1B as of last infusion. What a gem. GOOG or someone has to eat them - maybe softee, YHOO, who else, a newspaper co??

too bad they aren’t public and you could get a slice…i think you get messaging or something if you pay

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > too bad they aren’t public and you could get a > slice…i think you get messaging or something if > you pay +1. well run company, id love to own 3 bps of that baby.

yeah i got a couple random offers through this but i am happy at my current job till im a charterholder. i thinks its worth it for free. absolutely

How does it work? Too lazy to go and try it. So, I post my resume and personal info, and hope that someone would be interested in it?

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How does it work? Too lazy to go and try it. So, > I post my resume and personal info, and hope that > someone would be interested in it? just do it. all your friends are on it and you dont even know

The trick is adding people directly by having had them as colleagues, business contacts or by typing in their e-mail address. Also: join groups, there are groups for CFA candidates and those with a CFA charter.

http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/39535/065E610EFB3D Analystforum group