Liquid Lunch

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Were you canned? > > No, but I also knew a dude who got the boot during > his first job out of undergrad because of that. > Completely unnecessary. The question was actually to Black Swan and he unfortunately was fired for it…

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2, I was one of them. Basically the two seniors > got verbals and the two analysts got to leave. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that Swan. I’d put the full court press on the 2 seniors to have them tap their networks on your behalf and provide ridiculously strong references for you.

This is ridiculous. I have gotten drunk plenty of times at work What actually happened when you went back to work?

Good advice, higgmond. I was dating a consultant some years back and went as his date to the company’s Christmas party. It was in the Carnelian Room in San Francisco, a really nice location with 360-degree views of the city. One of his co-workers, an Indian dude with an Ivy League education, got pretty hammered as the night wore on. He ended up getting pretty belligerent. They asked him to leave but he refused. He ended up fighting some other people and getting arrested down in the lobby. Gonzo.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is ridiculous. I have gotten drunk plenty of > times at work > What actually happened when you went back to work? We basically did like 5-7 rapid fire $3 happy hour shots of tequilla a piece then went back to grab our stuff and then leave still feeling pretty sober. It was a 15 minute walk back and BAM! it literally hit us like just as we walked through the turnstiles at work. So we decide to split up and go through the separate entrances to the office in pairs to be less noticeable. The girl was with me, the other two guys went the other way. Well as we get in the office the girl who’s last day it is starts saying goodbye’s to some people, but they end up being really drunk emotional goodbye conversations. I look over and the analyst from the other pair is surrounded by a circle of amused office lady’s basically carrying conversation and causing a gossip scene. I sit down, log in, shut down my computer, sit there for like 5 minutes to make sure my legs are good then bounce to the bathroom in the hallway to wait for the others and get away from the rukus, also in case I decide to throw up. A few minutes pass and I throw up (no mess) and bounce, the others leave too. Yeah, I mean I’m not dead in the water. It was just a sh*tty credit analyst position. They were getting off by hiring overqualified people who would have been working IB jobs in any other market and paying us approximately $40k per year with no salary. Total bull. I was interviewing for both sell & buy side ER shops before this happened so hopefully I’ll go ahead and get placed soon. I’ll be sure to hit up the seniors for recs. Looking back obviously the big mistake was in returning, but I still take the view that it was overly harsh given that this is not an ongoing scenario, it was a celebratory accident, we were there for 10 minutes and no real damage was done.

But you guys did nothing! This is the stupidest thing I have ever ever heard. What company was it? Some Christian Charity? MADD?

Yeah, it was a little rough, hopefully one of my interviews comes through.

Black Swan Wrote: Looking back obviously the big mistake was > in returning, but I still take the view that it > was overly harsh given that this is not an ongoing > scenario, it was a celebratory accident, we were > there for 10 minutes and no real damage was done. You should have had a warning, but probably wrong environment for this / wrong part of the industry (I wonder what Storko does - broker?). I disagree with your analysis though - it’s not only the 10 minutes in the office, it’s also the half day you took off to go down the bar without letting your boss know. Now that’s a big mistake… better luck next time, take the lesson, you f’d up royally.