Litmus test

Hey all, Just killing some time after a long day of studying (on mothers day… The wife loved that) My last minute review consists of the following:(I have read through all CFAI material and answered the EOC?s) Watching all schweser videos in order. Not much note taking, but just a refresher on all the material in a laid back format. Should be done with that by mid this week. I do 60min Qbank tests covering all SS about 3-4 times per week and usually get between 65-75%. Will do Saturday full tests (schweser or cfai… At least one of each) for the next 3 Saturday’s and then spend the rest of the week reviewing wrong answers and those sh***y formulas that are hard to remember. Just background, I am one of those “older” candidates with wife and kids, just quit my current position in private wealth to go into a more corporate finance role, but told them I wasn’t starting until June 13th. (one week to see my kid and have a beer!) I love benchmarking my studies to others here and (whether we say it or not) I think others are the same so I thought I’d post a bit as to where I was at. Good luck to all… This thing is a beast!

I work as a financial analyst and I want to get in the equity research field. I’ve been studying since Mid-October. I followed the same method i used for level 1 last year and i started by reading and summarizing schweser notes. -I made my own 10 pages / Book summaries which include important concepts/formulas/twists/terms. -I finished the program by mid feb and i read CFAI end of chapter summaries and I started solving EOCs. I solved them 4 times till now and I passed through medium/hard schweser questions in qbank. -I review the program once a week by going through formulas/concepts/notes/cards i prepared. I still haven’t worked hard on ethics but i plan to do so starting this weekend. -I solved 2009-2010-2011 mocks twice and I’m half way done through schweser mocks. I’m scoring 55-65% on the mocks on average but i plan to solve them more than once and get the concepts behind the solution as i find most of the solutions pretty attainable but i don’t really know why I dont get it at first time. -I took notes of the mistakes, i twist the question around and see if i could answer in different way if 1 variable changes… I’m taking 2 weeks off from work starting may 21st and compared to other folks at work, i’m kinda doing better. I’ve been told that i should make sure that I do better than 3 people sitting next to you in the exam room… Anyone else willing to share his method of studying…

I too am a financial analyst for a consultancy firm. Graduated from Bsc Finance in Sept, passed level 1 in Dec. -I read the CFAI books once, except for Ehtics, and econ. -Read schweser once -Going through third read while doing practice problems. -Spend hour or two everyday (well maybe every thrid day or so!) memorising formulas -Use audio for ethics This has been done before so many times!

pedpenny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I too am a financial analyst for a consultancy > firm. Graduated from Bsc Finance in Sept, passed > level 1 in Dec. > > -I read the CFAI books once, except for Ehtics, > and econ. > -Read schweser once > -Going through third read while doing practice > problems. > -Spend hour or two everyday (well maybe every > thrid day or so!) memorising formulas > -Use audio for ethics > > This has been done before so many times! I think im going to use ur method for studying ethics (audio) + solving as many problems as i can.

^^Ya I will prob try/will read the ethics section at least once before the exam just to be sure! Time is not on my side, so I have decided to become a hermit for the next month

I’m taking two weeks off for revision/proper revision i hope this pays well in the end. I think im going to buy both CFA sample and FINQUIZ. I heard FINQUIZ helps so i hope it’s worth it.