Live in Jersey City?

Do you know if the Montgomery St area in Jersey City is ghetto?

Do you see aqua net cans on the ground?

BigRed08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you know if the Montgomery St area in Jersey > City is ghetto? Yeah, sort of. where you coming from and where you headin?

The further you travel away from the Grove St. Path station, the more ghetto Montgomery St. gets.

BigRed08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you know if the Montgomery St area in Jersey > City is ghetto? As Lynah Faithful to Lynah Faithful, don’t do it. Jersey City is not fun place to live.

Trogdor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BigRed08 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Do you know if the Montgomery St area in Jersey > > City is ghetto? > > As Lynah Faithful to Lynah Faithful, don’t do it. > Jersey City is not fun place to live. Lived in Avalon Cove for a while and it wasn’t to bad. It would have sucked if I was single though…

yea, I’m not planning to live out there. have some religious thing to go to at: Evangelismos Greek Orthodox Churchmaps 661 Montgomery St Just trying to get a feel for the area. Anyone been around this church or seen it?

Try Google Maps with Street View. It looks ghettoish, but on a better side. Theoretically you should get mugged there in the middle of the day. The church looks OK, but nothing fancy.

Trogdor - thanks for the heads up, i’ll check it out on google maps

I stayed at Montgomery Street (next to Grove Street PATH) Metropolis Towers for 1.5 yrs and SimonNYC nailed it bang-on. The more you move away from the Exchange Place waterfront OR Grove street PATH the more there are chances of you getting mugged. Especially after the MacD, SBUX & Dunken, Subway at Newark Ave. It really gets ghetto after these areas.

Another member of the Lynah Faithful here. Good to see some school spirit. The posts above pretty much have it covered. Waterfront or bust is how I judge it. I had looked into the area to buy, however.

They do have couple of nice high rises right on the water for semi-affordable price. However, even on the waterfront there is no infrastructure. If you want something outside of the City, Williamsburg right now looks much better. recentcg, When did you graduate and from which major?

recentcornellgrad - great to see some representation on here! yea, I’m also looking to possibly buy in JC…but not sure about expansion for the foreseeable future with the market the way it is. how was the search?