Long position in stock

Which of the following is least likely to be associated with long position in stock? choices: Stop loss, Stop buy, Limit buy Thx!

Stop buy = sets a limit as to how high the stock will go before you want to buy, thus if you’re in a short position you can limit your losses by buying back before the price goes to high.

I think it would be stop loss… If you have a long position, a stop loss order would limit your losses if the stock price were to drop.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think it would be stop loss… > > If you have a long position, a stop loss order > would limit your losses if the stock price were to > drop. “…least likely to be associated with long position…”.

stop buy…???..why buy if you are already long… How is it there are 3 choices,I thought we only considered A,B,C, or D in the new format of our daily lives?

the answer is stop buy! when you are in a short position you minimize your loss by giving such an order, in case prices go up to a certain level. other 2 choices are when you are long…

stop buy is right…i guess

STOP BUY , you are long a stock or debt when it is undervalued . as an investor you know the threashold value ( p/e etc) any security would deliver and on that estimate you would put a limit to buy

Long - Max profit when buys @ lowest price; sells @ highest price => Limit Buy and Limit Sell Long - Min Loss when stops sell @ lower price (stop loss) and stops buy @ higher price (stop buy) A long, as she owns the stock, she wants to stop loss but not stop buy (buying higher is never good for long)

Stop buy is the correct answer

Stop Buy should be the answer…You want to minimize your loss when stock is appreciating. The only scenario in which you will lose at price appreciation is when you are short.

http://minute-class.com/finance/limit-and-stop-orders-concepts-and-example-cfa-video/