LOS and required Reading of CFAI Text?

Hello Folks, I am bit confused. LOS describes the topic on which we will be tested but CFAI Text lists more reading on the topic than LOS describes it, so should we read the full reading except marked as optional or just read based on LOS E.g. In Equity(Volume 4) Reading 34 LOS does not list “Format of Research Report” but This topic is not marked as optional, so should we read it ? Your help will be gratly appericiated. -Thanks

Hello, Anyone has any suggestion/input on this thread ? I am also looking for same question. -Thanks

if its optional then i dont think it is tested. just make sure you know the LOS though

the optional readings are few and far between, but just a heads up, there was 1 ethics question on this past year’s test about code of ethics merging the CFAI code with a firm’s code and whether it was YES or NO ok to do and this info when we all searched back was only found in the “optional” read. so buyer beware, but if time permits and especially in ethics, i plan to even read the optional stuff this time. FYI, you can merge a code of ethics but you can’t merge a code of compliance I think was our consensus after the test when looking back on the texts.

Hello, In Equity(Volume 4) Reading 34 LOS does not list “Format of Research Report” but This topic is not marked as optional, so should we read it ? will it be tested ? I am sure there will be situation like these all over the place. LOS does not describe the topic but CFAI does not mark it as optional, so what should we do ? Schwsner is not touch that area(e.g. Format of Research Report) Your suggestion will be appericiated. -Thanks

I also encountered some of those sections in the reading that are not marked as “Optional Reading” but they are not tackled in the Study Notes and either in LOS. So, what I do is to read those section only if they are covered in study notes even though they are not directly relates to LOS. If that section is not tackled in study notes, I just skip it. Basically I just use the study notes to guide me in which sections to read in the CFA text.