Loud neighbor... anyone resolved this issue without bloodshed?

Start playing recordings of really loud devil worship chants towards his wall

rhythm is a dancer

rap battle is the only way

yeah except that happend ONE time and he called the cops with no warning. why didnt he just knock on my door? I had no idea it was too loud.

I haven’t heard from them since, but if they put any type of misdemanor on me I would have to get a lawyer to avoid formal charges as I can’t have anything on my record. Unfortunately for them, I’m a little over 6ft 215 so they can probably hear my movements at night which is not a noise violoation… too bad for them.

If you’ve seen Zoolander, then you know what this calls for.

#WalkOff

Lol. My favorite rap battle is between steve jobs and Bill Gates.

This is gold

You see Sweep, you went all serious and Libertarian and you lost your crown as the funny guy on AF.

A long time ago when I was single I had a similar type issue with a Lesbian couple (not like the ones on the internet) that moved in next door and made a shitload of noise. At 1st they were pretty quiet but then they got a puppy and seeminly stopped ever sleeping. They used to shout really loudly at the dog at all hours, and then they started arguing a lot (I’ve never heard 2 people being as mean to each other as these 2, it was savage), then they put a TV in the spare room that was right beside my bedroom and 1 of them seemed to spent all their time in there with the TV up loud.

Basically, I missed the appropriate moment to make the complaint due to sympathy for them not being able to deal with the dog and then told myself I could just live with it when all it took was a wee chat.

First night in our apartment in NYC and we’re going to bed around midnight as usual and I hear the people next door playing music and making louds of noise so I just shouted “Shut the fuck up!” in a full on “This is Sparta!” kind of way and they’ve been nice and quiet ever since.

Point is, just go and talk to them. If that doesn’t work call the police

Brief update… things worked out. I talked to my neighbor a few days ago and it’s been quiet since then. I realized this whole should’t even have come this far, but well, live and learn I guess. I appreciate all your inputs and all the fascinating stories.

It would be funny if the police kicked in the guy’s door right after that, after being summoned by building management.

It always amazes me how often people will go out of their way to avoid directly approaching someone like an adult and having a conversation.

because dealing with adult-sized people with the maturity of a child is a real risk.

Be an adult. Grow a pair and learn to handle a situation like one.

[/quote]

It always amazes me how often people will go out of their way to avoid directly approaching someone like an adult and having a conversation.

[/quote]

Yeah… it amazes me how the guy just complied with my request. Looks like conversation does work sometimes.

It never worked when I was an RA in college, so not too sound too defensive, but I’ll just say recallability bias held me back this time wink

Well done, JDP.

I also find this amazing. I had a loud neighbor once and I had a friendly conversation about it disrupting my sleep and it stopped. Most people are very reasonable individuals if you actually talk to them.

Some kids in dorms are pretty unreasonable. Someone was bitching to me because the RA told them to be quiet; they were “only playing volleyball” in the hallway.

Congrats on everything working out. A lot of times (outside of college) people may just simply not realize they can be heard.