louisvillegrad

dude, how much is your portfolio up/down this year? what is your net long/short beta?

Beta? I had one of dem fighting fish.

My dad had one, we saw it jump OUT of the fish tank. If we hadn’t been there, it would have died. True story.

he’s been quiet so far, maybe he’s all fluff after all. just wanted to give him an oppy to show what he’s got, since we jump him so much. oh well.

louisvillegrad = BOM; he comes on the board to make himself feel better after getting ripped a new one by a PM.

No I am here…been busy. I dont have a lot of disposable income but I put it all on buying SKF and bought it around $100 in Septamber. Take a look at what at its trading now…its up 150 percent.I am thinking of selling and buying again on the next fake rally. This economy is toast and naked shorters are making a killing thanks to Cox and republican crooks. Too bad my all earned dollars wont be worth much shortly; I hate profiting from the country’s demise.

ok, good for you, dude. i shudder about your diversification - its kind of a high conviction WTF trade really. but can’t argue with the results.

Well I would have diversified if I was investing in a normal market. This is a market run by crooks who are syphoning your 401ks and pension funds. The results are quite predictable.

BTW I am so glad I am young and can see what a ponzi scheme the markets can turn out to be…there are so many people retiring now whose 401ks have been halved. I mean imagine losing most of your live savings in a matter of months for no fault of yours except putting your faith in system. What a shame.

I haven’t noticed any syphoning in my 401(k). How can I tell if this is happening?

I know a manager who has been short since 1994. I guess he was bound to break even at some point :slight_smile:

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BTW I am so glad I am young and can see what a > ponzi scheme the markets can turn out to > be…there are so many people retiring now whose > 401ks have been halved. I mean imagine losing most > of your live savings in a matter of months for no > fault of yours except putting your faith in > system. What a shame. Well, hopefully the smart people planning to retire change their equities into less risky investments and cash equivalents if they need to start using the cash 5+ years prior (ie. changed in 2004 if retiring in 2009). If someone is retiring next year and had all their money in the equity markets . . . I don’t think they can really say that it is the market’s fault.

well it is not just equity markets. people had so called stable debt funds in their portfolio containing AAA rated toxic junk.too bad their money managers believed the ratings