lowest gpa accepted into top 10 MBA...

just out of curiosity. has anyone heard of applicants with lower than average GPAs get accepted into top B schools by selling what they had done otherwise? if so what are some of the lower gpas they had? this is uhhh…for my friend who had a low gpa.

What was George W. Bush’s GPA? Seems like academic credentials, abilities, and standardized test scores are totally irrelevant if you know the right people.

yeah, but the strings that your mom can pull for me at the secondary community college learning center wont do much these days

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just out of curiosity. has anyone heard of > applicants with lower than average GPAs get > accepted into top B schools by selling what they > had done otherwise? if so what are some of the > lower gpas they had? this is uhhh…for my friend > who had a low gpa. Just like they always say from these top 10 schools, solid work experience can make them look away on GPAs. A guy with 5 years of experience as VP and a 3.0GPA wouldn’t know what the fcuk hes talking about? It would be silly of admission officers to look into GPAs then.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yeah, but the strings that your mom can pull for > me at the secondary community college learning > center wont do much these days So immature with the mom jokes.

What are we, in elementary school? Sheesh.

Please don’t use the word “Sheesh” again.

aw shucks, gosh, golly

the inside joke is what i do to SkipE99’s mom on a continual basis…

The farther you are out of undergrad, the less important it is. They look at GPA, but unless it’s really bad (under 3.0) it’s probably not going to hurt you.

George W. Bush got into Harvard B. School with what was probably a B- or C+ gpa. If he can do it, so can you… Well, maybe not.

I know a guy with a 2.8 that got into columbia. He had a mid 700 gmat

I also know a 3.8 guy at U of Chicago, 3.4 guy at Rice, 3.2 guys at Mich and a 2.7 guy at U of Texas.

I know a guy with 3.95+ GPA and 770 GMAT that got rejected to HBS - though he got a full ride elsewhere.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know a guy with 3.95+ GPA and 770 GMAT that got > rejected to HBS - though he got a full ride > elsewhere. Scores aren’t everything…I learned that the hard way when my 1550 SAT score couldn’t get me into Harvard, Princeton or Stanford :(. To top it all off one of my best friends who was a year younger than me (whom I tutored for weeks to get his SAT up to 1400) stole my girlfriend while I was at college and ended up going to Princeton because of all his extra-curriculars and “leadership” crap.

I heard a year or two ago some Asian-American kid with a perfect SAT got rejected to Princeton and he sued for discrimination.

Your 1400 friend probably had a larger…

I went to Chicago’s MBA program with a 3.6 from Cornell. It’s not just the GPA but where you went undergrad – they will cut you more slack if you went to a demanding undergraduate program. Agree that if you are above 3.0 you should be OK or at least the door has not closed, anything less than that and you will have to do some explaining.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=513563

hueion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=513563 Wow.