M&A to Fx options trading ?

I’m 23, currently working in India as an Associate in the corporate finance team of a Big4 in India. 15 months into the job… starting to feel like M&A is not for me… I’d rather sleep on a weekend… I recently interviewed with BNP paribas India… Job posting is below - Nature of Work Management Traineee on the Currency Options Trading role. No prior experience needed but knowledge of options is a definite advantage. Role includes risk management and proprietary trading in INR options, as a part of Global FX Options desk Coz of my desperation at the Big4 I somehow prepared and scraped through the interview process coz of my educational background… general financial market knowledge etc… Now I dunno what to do… need some guidance as to what is the career path in Fx options trading is…and what are the hours like ? Base is lower(~35K USD) in the new job… am getting about ~50K USD right now…but i am thinking that its worth for the life it’ll give me… or will it ? and i havent a clue what the bonus is like in trading… Need some guidance on what the money scene is like in trading? Compared to IB… I know that if i bear these people in my current job then I can get into PE in about another 1 year…coz the market is very hot in India right now… Basically I am clueless… I Want to have a life so not sure whether spending too much time in M&A makes sense… Also if i end up speding too much time in M&A then i doubt i can get into a trading or other jobs with humane hours… Please help !

Didn’t Soros make a billion $ in a day trading currencies? Get good at trading FX options and there is no limit to the amount of money you can make. Since FX markets are closed on weekends you get weekends off. No question what I would do…

Tim Collins made $1B in a day when he bought Shinsei Bank. [edit: that being said, I have little to no aversion to risk, so I’d prefer trading.]

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Didn’t Soros make a billion $ in a day trading > currencies? Get good at trading FX options and > there is no limit to the amount of money you can > make. Since FX markets are closed on weekends you > get weekends off. No question what I would do… FX markets closed on weekends? Is that sarcasm?

From Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon PST.