Mad Money

what do you guys think of this show? i just started watching it last week and it seems to be pretty informative and easy to understand.

the kiss of death

Dude… get off this forum if you start taking this clown seriously.

I also think it is very informative. I’ve also a big fan of his book and find his advise invaluable

My friend’s father in law is a huge Cramer fan… He also doesn’t acknowledge that there is any upside to a currency weakening, he doesn’t believe the federal reserve contributes to inflation, and (on a non-finance note) he had a cattle roping arena built on his land. I would consider him your average ‘Mad Money’ viewer.

I used to watch it in 2004 or so when it first came on. I was 22 at the time and wasn’t really interested in my own portfolio. I can credit it with making me become more financially active. But yeah he has made some brazenly bad calls. I’m still confused about his BSC call on “not taking your money out.” Very unclear as to what he meant.

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used to watch it in 2004 or so when it first > came on. I was 22 at the time and wasn’t really > interested in my own portfolio. I can credit it > with making me become more financially active. > But yeah he has made some brazenly bad calls. > I’m still confused about his BSC call on “not > taking your money out.” Very unclear as to what > he meant. He totally reneged on what he said about BSC. One of his callers actually called in and asked about the liquidity issues of BSC before their demise. Cramer went off on a tangent and started talking about how BSC was fine and that he need not sell his position. Well a week later BSC plummeted and Cramer was defending himself by saying that he was talking about BSC investort accounts and not the common stock. There are videos all over youtube showing how brazenly hypocritical he really was. I used to watch his show also when I first started my personal investments 3 or 4 years ago. I’m 23 so I guess that was my sophomore year. He tries to sell his books and subscription portfolio service way too much.

It was very clear what he meant, he just started twisting and turning after it went wrong.

Someone on this forum raised the issue that who the hell watching MM would have an account with BSC.

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude… get off this forum if you start taking > this clown seriously. You care to explain? I don’t put a lot of faith in his stock picks but he definitely has a understanding of market dynamics and marco factors that many of our leaders lack. While he contradicts himself all the time, he is definitely ahead of the curve in terms of whats going on. He says what a lot of the street is thinking

I think Cramer gets a bad rap. There is no doubt he’s very informative. But the fact is he puts his butt on the line with A LOT of stock calls. Some other people will cover their @ss with ambiguous calls/positions.

mile wide, inch deep. How can he possibly have an informed opinion about so many stocks across every industry. If he positioned himself more generally (forget the extensive stock picking) and lost his theatrics he might be more credible-of course that would make him exactly like every other talking head out there. he is all about about marketing, which I believe takes away from his credibility.

I think he’s an a*ss clown

Agreed that he is not great or anything … but he is not a complete clown altogether. He still brings a good insight on many macro level issues. Besides, he is not as annoying as Larry Kudlow. larry kudlow was calling for fed rate hike sometime back to defend the ... yea... defend the and screw the economy. now, that’s going to help… btw, cramer has already called bottom on july lows … coming time will tell if he was right…

This is my FAVORITE show!

Like I said he’s an a.ss clown, not a complete clown

I started studying for the CFA. Then I realised I didn’t need to when I watched Jim Cramer. ARMAGEDDON? WE HAVE ARMAGEDDON!!

Cramer is good. I don’t agree with him on everything, but most of the stuff he says has some merit to it.

I find Cramer fun to watch, but I don’t do it all that often, and don’t take it all that seriously. I don’t trust his stock picks, but I like to listen to the reasons he takes one vs another position. I hadn’t thought about it until one poster mentioned it in this thread that his macro analysis might be more useful than his stock picks. It’s also interesting to hear the questions his viewers are asking, just to hear what everyday folks are wondering. Of course they filter the calls, probably for knowledge and entertainment value, but it’s still kind of interesting to hear.

I find Cramer fun to watch, but I don’t do it all that often, and don’t take it all that seriously. I don’t trust his stock picks, but I like to listen to the reasons he takes one vs another position. I hadn’t thought about it until one poster mentioned it in this thread that his macro analysis might be more useful than his stock picks. It’s also interesting to hear the questions his viewers are asking, just to hear what everyday folks are wondering. Of course they filter the calls, probably for knowledge and entertainment value, but it’s still kind of interesting to hear.