Madoff jailed

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does it really worth it? He may have billions but > he will be spending his next 150 years in jail. In > short, he will be dying in jail. I bet there’s a good chunk of change in offshore accounts that will benefit Madoff’s family for generations from the money Bernie swindled.

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My theory on the family members, or I guess on the > sons that turned him in: they were in on it, but > when it all fell apart Bernie pretended to > “confess” to them and then told them to “turn him > in” so that they would look innocent and he take > all the blame so they would avoid prison. The more > I think about it the more I find it hard to > believe your own sons that you are that close to > would turn you in to the police at the drop of a > dime unless there was some behind the scenes > scheming going on. Agreed – it’s sort of like at the end of Godfather 2, when Frankie Pentangeli takes the hit so that the mob will leave his family alone

Uh - yeah…I’m sure it did not go down the way that it’s being told numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My theory on the family members, or I guess on > the > > sons that turned him in: they were in on it, > but > > when it all fell apart Bernie pretended to > > “confess” to them and then told them to “turn > him > > in” so that they would look innocent and he > take > > all the blame so they would avoid prison. The > more > > I think about it the more I find it hard to > > believe your own sons that you are that close > to > > would turn you in to the police at the drop of > a > > dime unless there was some behind the scenes > > scheming going on. > > Agreed – it’s sort of like at the end of > Godfather 2, when Frankie Pentangeli takes the hit > so that the mob will leave his family alone

i say he ends it himself within 5 years… can you imagine foing from billionaire status to having Nasty Nate take your Fruit Cocktail?

thurgood! where are you thurgood!!!

you’re not a fish! you’re a man! hey, what was that!

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its just cash boys and girls. its up to you to do > your due diligence and if thats not enough, at > least know the risks of putting all your dough > with one guy. diversify mother@#&@$#s! Agreed…

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its just cash boys and girls. its up to you to do > your due diligence and if thats not enough, at > least know the risks of putting all your dough > with one guy. diversify mother@#&@$#s! +1 I some schmuck on CNBC this morning talking about how his 80 year old parents are now living on social security and he is coming out of retirement. While it is terrible that they were ripped off I have to give them a big “boofvcking hoo”. You wouldn’t be in this mess if you would have diversified… don’t put all your eggs in one basket because Bernie will eat them all.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its just cash boys and girls. its up to you to do > your due diligence and if thats not enough, at > least know the risks of putting all your dough > with one guy. diversify mother@#&@$#s! I think the investment officers/board at the charities should be sued as well. They have fiduciary duty to their employer (the charity), clearly putting all of charity’s money into a “hedge fund” is inappropriate, plus what kind of due dilligence did they do? None I bet.

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > its just cash boys and girls. its up to you to > do > > your due diligence and if thats not enough, at > > least know the risks of putting all your dough > > with one guy. diversify mother@#&@$#s! > > > I think the investment officers/board at the > charities should be sued as well. > They have fiduciary duty to their employer (the > charity), clearly putting all of charity’s money > into a “hedge fund” is inappropriate, plus what > kind of due dilligence did they do? None I bet. Eh, those people aren’t sophisticated. Nobody saw this coming. The guy was very well respected. If you’ve got 5 of your buddies telling you it’s a great deal, why wouldn’t you? The people who need to be sent to federal PMITA prison are the FOF who charged something ridiculous to funnel money right to Bernie.

Ah Chad nuked the Ananda thread. CFAboston - did you realize that it was a scam the whole time? ha.

Dude you are a scam. He kicked you from this forum before and you are back here with a new ID.

Next hot analyst forum handle “BernieMaddoffsCellmate”

“Dude” I am not really Ananda. I am utterly confused at this point in time. I was never kicked off this forum. It was a fake post. Impersonation. Hablo ingles? I would disclose my true AF handle except I am afraid that I have mortally insulted you and you will hawk all of my future posts.

what i wanna know is why Ruth (who essentially ran the books) and the sons have not been served yet? i do feel that they are equally liable and were in on the deal. for example, that CFO lady pendergast from the stanford scam.

I say forget everyone else and go after the wife. That b1tch spent it all on clothes and jewelry. Must’ve put together a nice wardrobe collection with $50B.