Madoff Sentencing

I am guessing 50 years. Closest get the AF Crown of Awesome

150 … cool

I guess 150

30, 50, 100, 150…who cares. As long as he dies behind the bar will do for me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_madoff_scandal

Bernie, you have been sentenced to 150 years in the Federal Pound-me-in-the-Ass Prison.

Shrute Farms Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bernie, you have been sentenced to 150 years in > the Federal Pound-me-in-the-Ass Prison. Kick someone’s a$$ the first day, or become someone’s b*****.

man, he’s going to be so old when he gets out! over 200!

This 150 year sentence is for the masses. They’ll send him to a white collar country club prison. He’ll rat out his colleagues and receive preferential treatment. He’ll be living out the rest of his days better than most of the people on this planet.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This 150 year sentence is for the masses. They’ll > send him to a white collar country club prison. > He’ll rat out his colleagues and receive > preferential treatment. He’ll be living out the > rest of his days better than most of the people on > this planet. I think he is going to be somebody’s bitch.

He’ll get minimum security. He’ll bargain for (and get) all the creature comforts you can imagine. This courtroom drama was for the people. He’s still holding it all in. Nobody can manage that much money all by himself.

WAS he a CFA charter holder?

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > He’ll get minimum security. He’ll bargain for > (and get) all the creature comforts you can > imagine. This courtroom drama was for the > people. He’s still holding it all in. Nobody can > manage that much money all by himself. I agree. His lawyer Ike represented this guy Jordan Belfort whom ran a boiler room investment bank and b/d. After getting arrested for 20some SEC/NASD Regulations, money laundering, extortion, bribery, etc. He got a whopping 4 year prison sentence in some white collar prison playing tennis, racket ball, and enjoying a large library. Madoff will reside somewhere similar I would imagine.

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This 150 year sentence is for the masses. They’ll > send him to a white collar country club prison. > He’ll rat out his colleagues and receive > preferential treatment. He’ll be living out the > rest of his days better than most of the people on > this planet. The idea of a country club prison is a myth. And no one has any sympathy for Madoff.

Joe, again, your hate for California and the truth is blinding you. IF you would just get up and leave that awful state of Montana you’d be much better off. Federal prosecutors are incentivized to catch bad guys. They will give bad guys they already caught anything they want to catch more bad guys. The more bad guys they catch, the more likely they are to get news coverage, elected to public office, cushy jobs, etc. Minimum security prisons are all over the place. They are much nicer than Supermax type prisons. Wouldn’t you rather have a private cell next to Bernie Ebbers than *share* a cement block with the crazed Unibomber? Talk to us (the federal agents) and we can make it happen.

The WSJ has already said that Madoff is probably going to a medium securitiy prison. With his long sentance, he is too much of a flight risk for minimum security or “Club Fed.”

Min security prison is not enjoyable. It’s much better than Sylvester Stallone’s experience in Lock Up, but it still sucks. Its not like these guys are having crème brulet for breakfast and getting “serviced” by a team of lingerie clad female prison guards.

Bernie’s lucky he got caught in his 70s instead of in his 50s.

In his 50s he had less fake assets so he might not have gotten as many years in prison. That’s kind of funny… less fake assets. I’ve got the most fake assets. Look at me. No, you don’t. I have more fake assets. Woohoo! How many fake assets do you have? 33? ok I have 34.