Magna Carta Holy Grail

all right guys, so be it.

good debate

Dont even attempt to put together a self-respecting list of all-time greats that excludes NWA and Big L

I was flowing off the top of my dome piece son. Lifestyles of the poor and dangerious and straight out of compton were great albums. A complete oversight on my part. Sorry.

See my Jay-Z hate post.

Straight Outta Compton is my favorite rap album of all time. Still listen to it and it had to have come out in the 80s.

You gotta learn to hold ya own. They get jealous when they see ya with ya mobile phone. But tell the cops they can’t touch this. I don’t trust this, when they try to rush I bust this. That’s the sound of my tool. You say it ain’t cool, but mama didn’t raise no fool.

/end thread

Pac was like Jesus, Nas wrote the bible.

My gym was blasting this album during sparring today. Def a good album and worthy of a discussion but even with the adrenaline pumping i dont think it makes the top 10 list. Having said that, you cant hate on all new rap. J cole has some really good stuff, drake has some good stuff, pusha, ect. Nas is my boy tho, fav of all time so i defer to the statement above.

Immortal technique has some good stuff too imo.

I still Lupe has some of the best lyrics with an ability to make it sound good. Most dudes who are on that level sound like poetry and not music. The problem is he is so complex, yet able to hide the complexity to make it semi-mainstream, a lot of people don’t even notice the genius.

But I like the above about Tupac/Nas, and respect for Immortal Technique.

Any of you guys watched this documentary on netflix? It is really cool:

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhwBUydknWI width:450 height:450]