Main changes from Level I to Level II?

I just passed Level I and was wondering what the main differences in Level II are? Which subjects are covered in more depth, etc? Thanks!

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html

Dude, seriuosly, they’re all covered in more depth, it’s all harder, and it’s entirely different. 2 months into the LII material you will realize that you could sit LI the next day with no studying and pound it out.

Thanks, zenji

Will there be any need for me to revise my level 1 material? Cause right about now I feel as if I have forgotten everything I ever learnt in my level 1

No. You get an entire new cirriculum, but anything that is repeated is also reprinted in optional segments in the books. 75% of Level 2 is new material, but that new material is an extension of Level 1, but much more specific. You’ll need to refer back to your Level 1 materials from time to time, but for the most part, Level 2 is Level 2. In other words, you won’t be asked to find the intersection of a marginal demand curve with long-term supply curve, but you’ll take basic concepts learned about fixed income and build on them to learn more about valuation and risks.

prometheus231 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will there be any need for me to revise my level 1 > material? > Cause right about now I feel as if I have > forgotten everything I ever learnt in my level 1 I’d make sure you remember a lot of your FSA stuff from level 1 because there is a pretty tough Financial Synthesis section a level 2 that would be really, really difficult if you forgot everything you learned. But you remember more than you think you do right now. I promise.

thanks guys – good thread!!!

Looks like cfa institute is not kidding when they say you should be able to solve your End of Chapter problems in LI. I can’t remember anything, i swear. I also skipped all of economics in L1.

haha i can’t remember shit either :frowning:

p.s. congrats on passing peppmaster

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, seriuosly, they’re all covered in more > depth, it’s all harder, and it’s entirely > different. 2 months into the LII material you > will realize that you could sit LI the next day > with no studying and pound it out. Swan, the real question is how do you think you would do on the level 2 exam today?